Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 2 of the liquid diet

Ok so day one of five is behind me! Day one, while it was not fun, it wasn't as bad as I thought I would be. My Dr has me on 3 Atkins Advantage shakes a day, plus broth and Jello. I did the three shakes, two cups of broth, and two single serving sized sugar free Jello. It was not a very difficult day, yes I was hungry, but I was able to quickly dismiss the hunger and move on. I kept busy all day long, took the dog for three walks of more than an hour a each, and I chewed a lot of gum. Over the next few days I'm going to keep myself busy by working getting everything in the house done that needs to be done so when I get home from surgery I wont have to do anything. Hopefully keeping busy will prevent me from wanting to eat, I wonder will today be as easy as yesterday? What will days 3, 4, and 5 be like?

How did everyone else keep on tract with the liquid diet? I can only do so much cleaning and dog walking before I get bored and turn my focus to food.

I am starting Day 3 today, I am also using the Atkin Advantage....because it fits into the shake 'requirements' my Dr's office gave. They are pretty good. I get 3 shakes and one Smart one a day. Day 2 for me was harder then Day 1 for some reason. Hoping today is better.

OMG I Gonna kill someone!! Today is day 2, day one went OK, why not day two? Up state NY is getting hammered with snow, my plow guy is as unreliable as ever so I got the snow blower out, Snow blower broke, so then I had to shovel the friggin driveway by hand, and my driveway is loooongg. Called the plow guy and told him off, called sears and told them the snow blower was a pile $hit, now I gotta figure out who else to tell off!

There has to be something that I can eat that wont be considered a cheat, Jello, shmello, it sucks, Soup broth is not filling! I am trying to work through this, but I feel that if I dont find something to at least chew I'll ruin the whole thing bye going crazy on a pizza or something. Maybe if I were to just eat a turkey burger with cheese, no roll, no carbs, would that ruin the surgery?

Im going out of my mind here

OMG I Gonna kill someone!! Today is day 2, day one went OK, why not day two? Up state NY is getting hammered with snow, my plow guy is as unreliable as ever so I got the snow blower out, Snow blower broke, so then I had to shovel the friggin driveway by hand, and my driveway is loooongg. Called the plow guy and told him off, called sears and told them the snow blower was a pile $hit, now I gotta figure out who else to tell off!

There has to be something that I can eat that wont be considered a cheat, Jello, shmello, it sucks, Soup broth is not filling! I am trying to work through this, but I feel that if I dont find something to at least chew I'll ruin the whole thing bye going crazy on a pizza or something. Maybe if I were to just eat a turkey burger with cheese, no roll, no carbs, would that ruin the surgery?

Im going out of my mind here

Oh man! I feel for you. I was told to do a low carb diet for the week before surgery and lots of others here have also, but I know you need to follow what YOUR doctor said. I know the turkey burger wouldn't really hurt, but who knows, your doctor might have a specific reason he likes the liquid diet for his patients.

Maybe you could call him and tell him you are about to blow the whole thing with some pizza if you can't have something to chew! Might work.

I wish you luck with the rest of your pre-op my friend.

This is day 5 for me... Day 2 was the worst just because I had a slight headache which Tylenol relieved. Day 5 has been a challenge just because so many of our friends are planning dinner and drinks... I want wine really really bad.

Another issue (TMI) i've been trying to poop something with the consistency of coal from the high Protein diet. NOT FUN. Added Fiber to my drinks and took some Miralax today, hopefully it will work.

My husband and I had lunch at an asian restaurant today and I had the broth from wonton Soup and that was very good. The restaurant is going to sell my husband some wonton broth for him to have at the house when I get home. They said they would strain it for him and make sure there were no added oils. YAH!

I make my own Protein Drinks and I also made my own vegetable broth which I thought was much tastier than store bought.

I warned everyone at work that "object in the mirror may be bitchier than they appear" tongue.gif

Good luck.... I'll have my laptop at the hospital so look for my posts... post surgery

Day two was down right miserable, but now I'm on day three and trying to be optimistic about it. I keep saying, its only for a few days, just make it to Tuesday then everything will be ok. As I sit here reassuring myself every hour that I only have to make it till Tuesday I happened to mention that to a buddy of mine last night on the phone, he was quick to point out, " Yep on Tuesday you'll have your surgery and then you can be on the liquid diet minus the Protein shakes!"

I saw the one post where the person said they were a bit constipated from the Protein diet, and I have heard others say Constipation is normal. I'm wondering if maybe there is something wrong with me, I have actually been having diarrhea, I wish I could feel constipated.

Ok here I go to start day three, wish me luck, hopefully I dont yell at anyone today.