Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sure did! He was great....two years and at goal - 135....

Hi I'm new to LBT. Has anyone been banded by Dr. Nirmal Jayaseelan in Dallas, TX?

My wife and I were both banded 7/9/09 by Dr Jay. We went

thru TLC Edge and it was a great experience. On the day of the

surgery we were at the surgery center a total of 3 or 4 hrs max.

Within five days was feeling totally normal. Was back to work on

day three. Gud luck. You have lotsa of choices in Dallas but would

not go wrong using Dr Jay. We are from Litttle Rock and made

the trip to Dallas to use Dr Jay.

I had Dr Jay put my lap band on about 10 years ago and Im contacting them tomorrow to inquire about having it removed. I have constant heart burn and I'm having sharp pain in the band area.

I initially lost about 50 lbs and gained back 30 of it in the years I've had it. I will tell you the truth, in my experience; Its not as great as you might think. Ill tell you my problems I've had with it. Heart burn constantly in the past. At first if you eat too much , too fast or just for no reason your food will get stuck in the stoma created. It is very painful and a lot of discomfort until it breaks loose. I still vomit food up after eating. I do it to relieve my discomfort. Ive always had problems with it. It is very hard to eat meat or , I should say to digest it. it gets stuck. A nutritionist said i was not getting proper nutrition and suggested removing it.

You can still eat all the sweets, carbs and junk food you want. It doesn't stop that. You still have to watch what you eat. You are still on a "diet"

So if you think you are going to have this put on and you will just loose weight....wrong! The only reason you loose any weight is because you can't eat anything out of fear it will get stuck. You then will choose soft foods that you feel are safe and not get stuck , but they are high calorie and you gain weight.

In the end, It only stops the AMOUNT of food you take in. Your stomach is so little you can only eat a little food. If you over eat.....vomit it up if you're lucky, if not you will just have to wait it out with the pain and discomfort until it passes through.

I feel I was abandoned by his office after the surgery. I would go in for an adjustment and a "Medical Assistant" with less than a years training was doing my adjustment! I am a Medical Assistant and believe me they are NOT trained to do this procedure. No one would return my call when I phoned them.

I found another Gastric Dr in Colleyville and I thought he and his staff were just great compared to Dr Jay's office and treatment.

I told them Medical Assistants were doing my adjustments and they were shocked! Only Physicians Assistants can do it at their office and they are all highly trained to do it.

I am calling Dr Jay's office first to remove it for cost reasons. Someone said the Dr that put it in will not always charge a fee to remove it. If he does charge me Ill have Dr Kim remove it for a fee. I believe Im in much better hands there anyway.

Just be aware of this.....the problem of over eating is still going to be there. Putting a band on your stomach will not stop that. You will find a way around it. Like eating other foods that won't get stuck. Easy foods like sweets and carbs . So , in the end, the problem is still there.

You have to change your eating habits and exercise. Im now loosing the weight again like this. I had lost 130 lbs through diet and exercise and kept it off for 10 years. I slowly started putting it back on. I found out my insurance would pay for this so I took advantage of it.

Loosing weight is not easy. The Dr's that do these surgeries make it seem like it is.