Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I Boycott Calcium???

So, I eat 3oz of cheese, 6 - 8oz of yogurt and a cup of skim milk with nf powdered milk added to it every day? why in the world do i need to take a Calcium supplement????

Hi there ,you can go to Medco.com and order the liquid calcium just check with your nutritionist and make sure that its the one you can take...but the liquid goes down a lot smoother than the chewables and the pills...

i dont want to take Calcium at all. why would i need to if im getting calcium from my food all day?

Hi there ,you can go to Medco.com and order the liquid calcium just check with your nutritionist and make sure that its the one you can take...but the liquid goes down a lot smoother than the chewables and the pills...

So, I eat 3oz of cheese, 6 - 8oz of yogurt and a cup of skim milk with nf powdered milk added to it every day? why in the world do i need to take a Calcium supplement????

I wonder this as well. I don't think anyone answered your question.

Why DO you need a supplement if you are getting the recommended amount in your food intake?

We get to stop drinking Protein supplements when we get enough Protein.< /p>

Why isn't it the same for calcium?

Does all that dairy total 1200 mgs. of Calcium? That;s the amount I was told to take daily...

I am taking 1000mg a day. I do Bariatric Advantage Chewy Bites. I get the chocolate and raspberry...take two of each. It's like eating Tootsie Rolls and Starburst I promise. Try them and you will not feel like you need to boycott calcium!!!

GNC also has a caramel chew that's pretty good, and when you catch the buy one get one sale they are super cheap.

I don't take calcuim and was never told by my doctor... I drink 2 cups of milk per day and use sugar free nestle quik....It's delicious..

The only thing I take is a Flintstones chewable!

When you take PPIs and antacids like many sleevers, your stomach can not absorb many kinds of Calcium. The only one that does not need an acid environment is calcium citrate. If you don't have enough calcium in your system, your body will pull it out of your bones. A side effect of taking PPIs is unusual bone fractures. As far as those who do not take any PPIs, I don't know, you would need to ask your Dr. I hate taking a bunch of pills every day... but the calcium is an insurance policy I hope I never need to cash in.

When you take PPIs and antacids like many sleevers, your stomach can not absorb many kinds of Calcium. The only one that does not need an acid environment is calcium citrate. If you don't have enough Calcium in your system, your body will pull it out of your bones. A side effect of taking PPIs is unusual bone fractures. As far as those who do not take any PPIs, I don't know, you would need to ask your Dr. I hate taking a bunch of pills every day... but the calcium is an insurance policy I hope I never need to cash in.

Thank you for explaining this!

I take Lemon Creme Calcet Bites. They are delicious, it's like eating dessert. I'm going to buy some chocolate ones, too.