Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you set short term goals?

May or may not be weight goals, could be any kind of goal really. Six months or less is what I consider short term.

Okies lets hear them, and you can re post if your goals change or you met them etc.

My Short term goals are.

1) To get back to onederland since my 3 month unfill Im at 200 even right now was @ 183 prior.

2) Have a Doable exersize routine that I'm actually following by the time School Starts back in Aug.

3) Fit into my Harly Quin Costume in Oct. for Halloween! (it's a catsuit)

Im sure Ill have more "mini" goals thruout eath month like drink more Water, walking X laps, etc etc.

My mini goals are:

1) to be able to do my aerobic dvd without passing out

2) to lose my first 25 pounds

3) to start putting more thought and care into my appearance (dressing nicer, wearing jewelery daily)

I will add to my list as I accomplish this first set of goals.

good luck!

Short term goal:

Make it through today.

>Eat the best way I know how, and can.

>Exercise

Short term goal for this week:

Loose 2 pounds. (And not the same two pounds I lost last week, and thuys now have to loose again!!!!)

Otherwise I can not handle any more - this is about my limit.

But I am OCD. :

I just reached my first short term goal. That was for 330. My next one is 300. Another sort of goal was to be able to fit into my new corset. I reached that easily when it showed up today. LOL

May or may not be weight goals, could be any kind of goal really.

I'm full o' goals. IMO - any day is a series of constantly changing goals. You're going to get up early, or slept past X time. You're going to try and miss traffic. You're going to try and projects x, y, and z done at work, or meet some production goal. You're going to try and go to the kid's game and still make it home in time to watch CSI. You name it. :)

I try not to set weightloss goals because I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. I used to, but now -- when my smaller clothes fit they fit - so no sense in putting a "deadline" to it (IMO). I've been there, done that, and felt the burn too many times.

I set goals for school, e.g. which classes I'm going to enroll in when, when my graduation date will be, and when I will start my next program. Sounds more like an agenda, but it's all completely subject to change so I consider them goals. Most important is my goal to get an "A" so work will pay for it!

DH and I set goals for the house - what "jobs" we'd like to get done by the end of summer, or by the end of winter. We set housecleaning goals each week, so before we do this really great thing on Saturday, let's try to have all laundry done and the carpet steam cleaned (that's when I call in a maid!)

DH and I also set financial goals, short and long term. So we know what we want our combined income to be at the end of the year, and we know what figure we want to see in our 401k in 5 years.

Last weekend I got up on 2 (water) skis!!!

New goal is to wakeboard and do one ski.

I love goals and list, they really work for me.

I have short term goals4_12_5.gif

1) Lose at least 3 pounds for next weigh in on July 25

2) Lose 11 pounds by August 8 to put me at 375

3) Then set next goal 350

36 waist pants, comfortably.

Be under 200.

Finish this damn movie. (reshoots are driving me crazy, and post-production is a bitch... I had to do Sci-fi, too many special effects shots)

Sell my '51 Plymouth. I just don't have time to work on it anymore

Get more acting gigs in some independant films

Pay off credit cards.

Spend more one-on-one time with my daughter

How's that for a list?

Ok so short term is under 6 months right?

I want to be under 200 pounds by Christmas (Merry Christmas shopping :))

I want to find an affordable apartment in NYC with a decent roommate

I want to set up my life in NYC and learn to eat well by myself

I want to do well in school, and perform to the best of my abilities

and I want to sing beautifully and make my voice blossom (I am an opera singer... ^_^)

I have several NSV type goals...but as far as the actual weight goes (# wise)...they way I look at it is "ooooh, I can't wait to get into the 230s."....then the "220s" then the "2teens" etc etc (I've been doing this since I was in the "270s" and it works for me. I don't even care how long it takes me to get to the next set of "10s"....as long as I get there. So, there really isn't even a deadline for these "minis". It seems less oppressive and daunting to me that way...I can't look at my end goal or it's disturbing!!! LOL

I haven't made goals for myself until recently because I didn't want to get pressured/disapointed. But, I currently have two goals for August 15th. I want to get back into Twoterville and the second is to hit 100 lost. I've got 4 lbs till Twoterville and 12 til 100 lost. Think I can make it?

1. Go back up to the doctor's tomorrow and get my pre-op bloodwork and EKG done.

2. Be able to wear my size 22 jeans and breathe at the same time.

3. Another goal is to be able to wear my favorite garnet ring. (another post reminded me of this one. It's just a little too tight, so 15 lbs from now it ought to fit.

My scale mini-goal is to drop 30 lbs. I don't have a deadline for this, but I have decided on a reward. I'll finally buy myself an ipod.

1. I would like to start toning and shaping now.

2. I know I am being greedy, but I want that last 15 lbs GONE!

3. Again greedy, but I want to be a size 9 or solid 10

4. Wearing a bikini by the time the LBT cruise comes around next June!