Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Guys just wanted to see if anyone can help me here. I am on day 2 of my pre-op diet and thinking that I have a huge hill to climb. I am also divorcing Diet Coke :broken_heart: the love of my life for the last 10 years. So I am not sure if I am acting like a crazy person :whatchutalkingabout because I do not have any diet coke or the lack of food that is making me crazy. I am talking full on I am ready to lick the sheet rock in my house. I am constantly thinking about food. I did the whole eat everything that I can before my pre-op diet started. I know I am rambling (must be low blood sugar)....bear with me here......Is there anything that I can do to make this process easier....My stomach thinks that my throat has been cut.....and the hunger pangs are quite noisy and feels like there is a revolt going on down there.:boom:...Any suggestions would be great...I am really thinking positive and I know looking back on this there will be some chuckles...If laughter could provide me with a doughnut right now that would be great.....lol :lol:

Thanks for the feedback guys you are all great :D

Hey Guys just wanted to see if anyone can help me here. I am on day 2 of my pre-op diet and thinking that I have a huge hill to climb. I am also divorcing Diet Coke :broken_heart: the love of my life for the last 10 years. So I am not sure if I am acting like a crazy person :whatchutalkingabout because I do not have any diet coke or the lack of food that is making me crazy. I am talking full on I am ready to lick the sheet rock in my house. I am constantly thinking about food. I did the whole eat everything that I can before my pre-op diet started. I know I am rambling (must be low blood sugar)....bear with me here......Is there anything that I can do to make this process easier....My stomach thinks that my throat has been cut.....and the hunger pangs are quite noisy and feels like there is a revolt going on down there.:boom:...Any suggestions would be great...I am really thinking positive and I know looking back on this there will be some chuckles...If laughter could provide me with a doughnut right now that would be great.....lol :lol:

Hello there Chris!

The Pre Op diet is probably one of the most grueling diets you will ever encounter. It's super difficult - and you are going to feel some pretty bad hunger... :( It would help if I knew what your diet consisted of. If it's the low carb I have a few but if its the liquid diet all I can tell you is, hang in there! Keep pushing and know it does get better after a few days.

The first few days are the absolute worst. Just keep reading here, and look through the photo galleries! That is a great motivating tool, that and reading the Success Stories sub section of this site. Stay busy also by getting everything you need for your hospital stay and what you will need post op. There's lots to do to keep your mind occupied.

Keep on pushing through! Only a few more days.

What is your preop diet?

How long?

I only had to do the all liquid thing for 3 days and it was utter HELL! I couldn't imagine how I was going to survive that for three weeks after surgery, but it was totally different. Afterwards, I couldn't imagine how I drank so many Protein shakes in one day. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! It is all worth it. Hang in there.

I am on day 13 of my two week pre-op diet (which is a full liquid diet) and for me things started to settle down after day 4. I have surgery the day after tomorrow and since I have to do all clear liquid tomorrow I am thinking that will be the worst day of all.

The worst time of the day for me is the late afternoon. I found that if I plan to "eat" something every two hours I can get through the day without too many issues. I have lost 12 pounds so far.

My day pretty much goes like this:

7:30am - Protein shake

9:30am - sugar free Jello

11:30am - Protein Shake

2:30pm - Applesauce or a sugar free Jello

5:00pm - Protein Shake and a Sugar Free pudding

7:30pm - Sugar Free popsicle

Drinking Crystal Light REALLY helps in the late afternoon too.

Good luck to you. You can do it. I know it is hard but it does get easier.

Dawn

It will get better! I am on day 7 of the full liquid diet. Make sure you are drinking enough. I finally found some good unflavored Protein at Vitamin World and its made such a difference. Of course the cravings are there, especially when I am cooking for the family, gee its hard to not just eat it all lol. Other Protein drinks make me feel sick to my stomach so the unflavored is awesome. I mix it in with the sugar free Jello and pudding. It totally changed the color of the Jello which made it look seriously creepy but I cant taste it in there. Just make sure to mxi it in good. With the pudding, I mix the Protein in with the milk, then add the pudding mix. With the jello, I mix the protein in with the cold Water, then add it to the hot Water mix.

Im drinking tons of Soup broth and drinking lots of water. Ohh and sugar free popsicles.