Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamin schedule so confused

HI,

I bought all my Vitamins and by all I mean I have to take:

Vitamin C

Zinc

Iron

Probiotic

Calcium

Biotin

Multi-Vitamin

Omega 3 Fish oil

B-12

That is a a lot! More then many people I hear, but this is what my Dr, ordered so I am trying to follow orders.

My problem is I cannot take the multi-vitamin within 2 hours of the Calcium. But I have to take both the multi-vitamin and the calcium 3 times a day. I am forgetting to take them on the schedule and now I am not getting in all my calcium and multi-vitamins. I have a baby to take care of and I've tried to set a timer, but I am forgetting to do that too, sometimes.

Is there any Vitamins in calcium or multi, that you can only day one time a day. I am taking Celebrate vitamins for both my calcium and my multi, and I can swallow pills, I don't have to use chewables.< /p>

Thanks

Sassy, This shouldn't be this diffcult. Let me ask you something, are you taking calcium citrate like most of us are instructed to take? If you take a multi that does not have Calcium, then you can take it at the same time you take your calcium is what I was told. The B-12 isn't a daily dose, is it? (is yours sub-linguel?) sp? What doseage of calcium are you taking? Initially I was taking two multis per day and I took them both at one time, I can't see what difference it makes. I'd look into taking the multi with the calcium and just divide the other stuff up and take some with every dose of calcium. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

HI,

I bought all my Vitamins and by all I mean I have to take:

Vitamin C

Zinc

Iron

Probiotic

Calcium

Biotin

Multi-Vitamin

Omega 3 Fish oil

B-12

That is a a lot! More then many people I hear, but this is what my Dr, ordered so I am trying to follow orders.

My problem is I cannot take the multi-vitamin within 2 hours of the Calcium. But I have to take both the multi-vitamin and the calcium 3 times a day. I am forgetting to take them on the schedule and now I am not getting in all my calcium and multi-vitamins. I have a baby to take care of and I've tried to set a timer, but I am forgetting to do that too, sometimes.

Is there any Vitamins in calcium or multi, that you can only day one time a day. I am taking Celebrate Vitamins for both my calcium and my multi, and I can swallow pills, I don't have to use chewables.< /p>

Thanks

As long as your multi doesn't have Iron, you can take it with your Calcium. If it has iron then YES, it must be taken 2 hours before or after your multi. If you're taking additional Iron then take that at least 2 hours from your calcium.

I'm not sure which Celebrate you are on, but I use the MultiComplete (has iron)chewable taken 2 chewables per day, and the calcium citrate 500 Plus.

I take 1 calcium in the morning then another chewable calcium around lunch time, then I take my 2 chewables at night, one late afternoon and one a couple of hours after dinner. I only take a sublingual B12 3-4 days a week now.

Are you deficient in certain Vitamins and that's why he has you on this regimen? That is a bit a crazy regimen just from what I've read that is recommended by the ASMBS for sleeve patients. That sounds like a lot for someone that doesn't have malabsorptive procedure, and while I am not discrediting your doctor, I think you might want to discuss that this is NOT working for you and your lifestyle. That does sound like way too much to manage. Has he pulled labs to even see where your levels are at, and has he given you a reason as to why you need to be on all of those?

Omega 3s are great for many different things, and the Probiotics will help with bowel issues while going through the post-op diet and once you progress onto regular foods.

:blink:Wow! That's a lot of vitamins! I only take 1 flintstones chewable a day! My doctor didn't say I needed all that stuff!

Has your doctor been talking to my doctor. My schedule is crazy because I need to take synthroid due to no thyroid gland. Since synthroid absorbs Vitamins it get complicated. So I take Celebrate muti complete, probiotic eating yogurt everyday, Iron w/ C tablets and I have to wait one hour before taking any vitamins in the morning.

Morning I take muti Vitamin and b-12

Afternoon chewable calcuim chocolate w/ chewable iron w/ C table its my snack

Before bed I take Biotin, second muti vitamin

Went to see my doctor and my vitamin levels were great, I hope this helped

[quote name='Sassy' timestamp='1298317261' post='119018'

HI,

I bought all my vitamins and by all I mean I have to take:

Vitamin C

Zinc

Iron

Probiotic

Calcium

Biotin

Multi-Vitamin

Omega 3 Fish oil

B-12

Is there any vitamins in calcium or multi, that you can only day one time a day. I am taking Celebrate Vitamins for both my calcium and my multi, and I can swallow pills, I don't have to use chewables.< /p>

Thanks