Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 week update

I'm 23 days out and I thought some of you would like to hear about my experience so far.

Surgery-OUCH and GAG for the first 24 hours. Got lots of comments from hospital staff about how "small" I was. I grinned and told them its a cosmetic surgery for me. And I'll never see any of them again-so WHO CARES?

Recovery-100% for the last couple weeks-no problems at all. Incisions were itchy for a while and now are scabby. I wonder what to do to decrease them?

Weight-lost 17lbs-stalling for the last few days, but that's pretty standard at this point

Clothes-busting outta my size 16s before surgery, 14s are HANGING off me now! I have A LOT of 12s I'm eyeing. I hope to get to goal before having to shop. I have given away most of my old out of style 10s but that'll be some fun shopping when the time comes.

Mood and Energy-MUCH better than I've been in years! I can move around so much better. I can't believe I'm only getting 500-800 KCal a day because I don't feel weak or shaky.

Food-protein first, sugar isn't good, lots of shakes, Soups, pudding, Protein enhanced diet hot chocolate etc. I'm supposed to be on mushies but venture into soft foods in social situations-lots of restriction when foods have bulk

Proteins-getting 40-60 grams a day, really hard to get the recommended 60 because all Protein powder is nasty unless diluted in food. Greek yogurt is a blessing.

Hunger-no cravings or head hunger. Just mild real hunger that is satisfied with a small amount of food. Of course that has to be food high in Protein because I cannot get much in through the day.

Social-I'm feeling guilty because I haven't told anybody but my husband. People are clearly jealous of my quick loss and wonder how I do it. I have a "eating friend" who is smaller than me but we eat together A LOT. She is noticeably irritable when I'm not eating like I used to. Argh I gotta tell her.....but its easier not too.

We were almost the exact same starting weight. I am encouraged by this 17 lbs at 3 weeks! Woot! 9 lbs.9days for me. My weight (my scale) 2 days before was 185.8 but surgery scale was 188.something. This is so awesome!

Yes-exactly the same weight range. How tall are you? Because I don't even DARE to dream of 118! I haven't been that since 5th grade!

I ate more Kcal yesterday and did 30 minutes on the elliptical and the scale moved again this morning!

Yes-exactly the same weight range. How tall are you? Because I don't even DARE to dream of 118! I haven't been that since 5th grade!

I ate more Kcal yesterday and did 30 minutes on the elliptical and the scale moved again this morning!

5'3". I figured if I was going to be a bear, might as well be a grisly! :lol: