Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

port UNDER muscle

Hi Everyone!

According to my surgeon, most patients get their port placed under their skin. Mine, however, was placed under the muscle. Specifically, under the fascia of my muscle (i think "fascia" just means the outer most layer of a muscle). My surgeon told me he decided to do this during surgery as he thought the port might become visible after surgery when i started losing weight as I don't carry much of my excess fat on my upper stomach. I was wondering if anyone else had their port placed under their muscle as well? Did the port in fact stay hidden as you lost weight? Was their lots of pain associated with the port during the healing process? Does it go away? Can you always feel it? Are fills very difficult considering the port is more "buried" than usual?

THANKS!

My surgery is 17th July and my surgeon places all his patient's ports (over 7000 of them) under the outerlayer of the muscle.

Krystal, my only suggestion is if you are using a different Dr. for your fills, than your surgeon. My port is deeper than most apparently, possibly the same situation you are referring to. I did have a bit of difficulty during my first fill. I had a different Dr. so he had no idea ahead of time where to locate my port. My suggestion if you are using a different Dr. is to go with a fluoroscopy aided fill the first time out with the new Dr. In the end it was all good, so I am sure yours will be fine too! Good Luck to you!

Kat

Fascia is only a thin transparent-ish layer that contains your muscles, a bit like cling wrap. So your port wouldnt be very much deeper than anyone else's. I would imagine, whilst you may have a detectable bulge there when you're at goal, it wont stick out like a lump.

My doc is also placing the port under muscle - under my waist band line in can I ever want to wear a bikini... a bikini?!! can you say HELL YEAH!??

ANyone else had a problem with the port beneath the waistline? i have my surgery on July 5th... 2 weeks from today!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches