Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe as I get closer I get more nervous

My surgery is scheduled for this Saturday with Dr. Rod. I was very happy with my decision to use him. I had done a lot of research at OH and other websites and have heard nothing but good. However, since I have been on this website I hear so much more about Dr. Aceves, and Ramos-Kelly. I was still fine with my decision until today. I emailed my facilitor some questions and her response was it was in the first email I sent you. Go back and read it... I understand that emails can come across wrong but that just pissed me off. When I first made this decision my prayer was if this is not meant to be then let me know God. I have not felt that it wasn't meant to be until maybe now. I know I should not judge the Doctor on the facilitor but I do. I am 5 days from surgery and she will not answer my questions. He is more expensive than than Aceves and Ramos-Kelly and if I cancel I will lose the 500 deposit and 600 in airfare. I think I'm just getting nervous and looking for reasons to back out. I'm not nervous about the lifestyle change just the surgery itself. So any words of wisdom. I am definately one of those people if you make me mad I bite off my nose to spite may face so please point out if that is what I'm doing here.

Hi wareagle, well first and foremost you need to have the utmost trust in your surgeon. You are going to Mexico as well, this is not a small deal.

It is normal to have cold feet of sorts pre-surgery - I did, but believe me when I say I never had any doubt I was in good hands. You shouldn't either. The decision is completely up to you, and you definitely should have a Dr. who answers ALL of your questions.

Here is Dr. Aceves Website: http://www.mexicalibariatriccenter.com/

I have nothing but good praises to him, his hospital and his staff. I would recommend him to anyone, even my own Mother. In fact if my Mom ever did get this surgery I'd want him to do it for her! PM me if you have any questions!! :) I'm glad to answer any you might have.

There are many good doctors in Mexico. Dr. Rod is also well known. The only think I would completely refuse was to go to the strip mall clinic that one the doctors works on. If Dr. Rod is in a hospital than it will be fine. :DHowever, if he is more expensive, maybe it will not be a problems to loose the deposit and just book with another doctor. Dr. kelly was able to accommodate me in the "last minute" as i already had tickets, vacations, etc. Give it a try. If you want call his assistant directly, her name is Thrish and the advantage of her on any facilitator is that she will be there for you when you need it. Her phone is 619 955 6771

As usual I over reacted. I sent her an email last night telling her how nervous this was making me and that I did not appreciate being blown off. She called me first thing this morning and apologized and said she had a death in the family yesterday and was rushing to get out the door. She assured me she was there for me and had the driver call me to tell me what he looked like and what he was driving and exactly how the pick up would work. I feel awful for even posting the above and if I knew how to remove I would. She has always been nice and helpful. I am just trying to find fault in everything I guess because I am getting so nervous. I am a compulsive planner and if I don't know every detail of the arraignments I freak out. My friends let me plan everything when we are going on a trip because they know they don't have a chance of surviving our friendship otherwise :). My friend that is going with me told me last night this is like every trip you take calm down and you will find out. Not everyone works at my pace. So once again don't judge Dr. Rod's staff on my post. SO 4 MORE DAYS.

As usual I over reacted. I sent her an email last night telling her how nervous this was making me and that I did not appreciate being blown off. She called me first thing this morning and apologized and said she had a death in the family yesterday and was rushing to get out the door. She assured me she was there for me and had the driver call me to tell me what he looked like and what he was driving and exactly how the pick up would work. I feel awful for even posting the above and if I knew how to remove I would. She has always been nice and helpful. I am just trying to find fault in everything I guess because I am getting so nervous. I am a compulsive planner and if I don't know every detail of the arraignments I freak out. My friends let me plan everything when we are going on a trip because they know they don't have a chance of surviving our friendship otherwise :). My friend that is going with me told me last night this is like every trip you take calm down and you will find out. Not everyone works at my pace. So once again don't judge Dr. Rod's staff on my post. SO 4 MORE DAYS.

Well that is really good news, I'm glad it worked out. I personally have never heard much bad about Dr. Rod - though I don't go around looking for it either so I really wouldn't know. Wishing you a quick and speedy recovery!!! Cheers! :)