Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Choices and happy endings

Let me start off by saying the best decision I ever made was to have a gastric sleeve , however it was not an easy choice and it took about a year to make the decision. It was one frought with diets in between gimmicks that did not work and and a knee injury that helped me make the final decision.

I am 44 years old and on Friday the 18th I will be 45. I have 3 beautiful grandchildern and a wonderful daughter and a supportive and caring partner....I have been overweight since I was 29 ....and the peak I was 311 pounds 5foot 3 inches ......I started going to the gym when I turned 39 but I could never loose more than 40 pounds at the most and I would pack it back on....I am a cheese aholic for real and that was my weakness and an emotional eater....So I would stay in the gym for hours running hard sweating never reaching my goal then I blew out my knee on the eliptical...so all that working I did was basically undone .....so I went into a deep depression and began stuffing my feelings with food till I could no longer fit into my fat jeans ...I could not work out and everytime I went shopping ...disappointment and then came food ...this went on for a year...

I began surfing the web looking for solutions......HCG tried that FAIL...Sensa FAIL ...Lapband hmmmm Gastric Sleeve hmmmm Eat Eat Eat... surf the net Lapband hmmmm Gastric Sleeve hmmmm

One day I ran across website and I read the testimonals ....of the Gastric sleeve...so I put my information in and I got a call from a Coordinator ...I talked it over with my mate...he said if this will make you happy and you are doing it for you go for it.....

I did I booked my surgery date 11-15-2010...with Dr. Ramos Kelley...And I was in for the most amazing experience of love acceptance and nurturing which I have never received from a medical staff .....here in the US....

My sister and I left Berkeley on that Monday arrived in San Diego at 8am I was wisked off to this state of the art private hospital Tijauana Mexico ...I was greeted by Trish with a hug and all of the sudden I knew I had made the right decision ..

Then I met Dr. Kelley his bedside manner was incredible ....he was caring and forthwright with me about the risk and the success but I knew it was going tobe ok...the nursing staff helpful attentive ....the room it was neat and clean state of the art...I was impressed.

I was wisked off to all the intake and everystep of the way I was explained to what was happening ...every guestion I asked was answered. Finally it was time for the surgery.

Dr. Kelly explained the procedure ...and then I was listening to his soothing voice then I woke up in my room procedure done. Dr Kelly explained to my sister that I had endemetrois when I had my period I would have blood on my intestence he took care of that.

Trish is assistant came and checked on me and my sister everyday , and took her to get the things I needed at the shopping mall and sat down to speak with us to make sure we were ok...

We left the hospital to stay in the hotel that our coordinator selected for us and Dr Kelly and Trish well they came along....got us settled ....explained the medication....

all in all a good experience...when I left well I felt like I was leaving family. Trish was amazing and still calls to check in on me....

I have lost 63 pounds as of today and if ever I have a concern she is there to answer a guestion...... encourages me..

I am back in the gym with a knee brace....and my sister by my side ....my diet in hand ....I keep pushing forward.....

Fantastic!! I know I love my sleeve!! :)

Welcome and congratulations on your surgery and success.

Fantastic!! I know I love my sleeve!! :)

It is amazing and I sometimes catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I can not believe it is me

I am so happy for you! Congrats! The sleeve is great!

I am so happy for you! Congrats! The sleeve is great!

It is and no more stuffing of emotions I love the feeling of not being hungry I do not even know when I am lol

Welcome!! My friend went to mexico to get hers done and she's doing great too!! I'm going through my insurance cuz I can't afford it otherwise. I had to gain some weight to qualify but I know it'll be well worth it after surgery!!

Welcome!! My friend went to Mexico to get hers done and she's doing great too!! I'm going through my insurance cuz I can't afford it otherwise. I had to gain some weight to qualify but I know it'll be well worth it after surgery!!

You know it is worth it but Dr. Kelly has layaway..lol