Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks post op..need more protein

Hey guys...I'm doing ok overall. Thanks to support on this website I know I will get through this along with the blessings of the good Lord. My only problem is I'm only getting about 25-30 grams of Protein a day. I get this through eggs and kellogs strawberry protein shakes(10grams). I've tried Isopure fruit juices and it just left a horrible taste and film in my mouth! Any one have any suggestions for additional protein. I'm so scared ill going to be protein deficient when its time to do labs.

medicine doesn't always taste good... but you need to take it. drink it down, brush your teeth, and it will get better later.

I use GNC wheybolic amplified Protein I use it choclate, I can't say if you can get past the taste but I promise I have tasted worst things..lol but just my suggestion and It has 20 grams of protein per 6 ounce drink..good luck

I have not started my two week pre op diet yet but went for my nutrition class and got the Chike Protein Shakes. I love the strawberry and vanilla and in 8oz. you get 28g of protein! If you can try those, you will gettting a significant amount of Protein. Also, you can get shots of protein, while alone they taste very like cough Syrup, if you had them to your Water, they are not that bad. One shot can have up to 48g of protein in it. Add it a little at a time to your water throughout the day and again you will be getting alot extra!

I take the Isopure fruit punch and add some Water to make it about 32 ounces of liquid and then mix a wild strawberry crystal light and it doesn't taste bad and it's 40 grams of Protein. I couldn't stand milk after my surgery (it tasted rotten in my mouth) so I had to find something else. Good Luck.

Hi there,

I ran into those sorts of problems from the beginning myself. I tried about every sort of Protein out there. I found the Syntrax Nectars to be exceptionally palatable. They are whey Protein Isolate - a better form of protein for those in our situations. The flavors available are great. They have several different lines, Matrix 2.0, Matrix 5.0, Syntrax Nectars, Naturals, Sweets. They have about the most flavors available. I really enjoyed their brand for fruity flavors. You can find them at www.syntrax.com I do not work for them or have anything to do with them other than being a customer of theirs. I found large 2lb canisters of the Nectars on eBay very reasonably priced about $28-$32 bucks. ($20 - $40 Less) than from the health stores.

If you get tired of the fruity flavors and would like a little bit of warm Soup powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury has a chicken Soup flavor that I would eat as a regular person (yes, i think it tastes that good), and their unflavored really does not add a flavor/aftertaste etc. you can find theirs at www.unjury.com

I hope these help. Do the best that you can to get your protein in and don't worry too much. The doctors set up the guidelines and diets to help all of us learn to make better choices. Just remember that they are guidelines. Keep up the good work.

weight.png

sleeve date: Aug. 26, 2010

Charlene

nectar Flavors: 23grams protein per scoop

Apple Ecstasy, caribbean cooler, Crystal Sky, Fuzzy Navel, Lemon Tea, Pink Grapefruit, Roadside Lemonade, strawberry Kiwi or Twisted cherry, Nectar™

nectar Naturals Flavors: 23grams protein per scoop

Nectar™ Naturals contains nothing artificial. This means no artificial colors, no artificial flavors and no artificial sweeteners. It also comes in unique flavors, such as Natural fruit Punch, Natural Orange and Natural Peach.

The Sweets are like deserts, chocolate truffle, strawberry mousse, vanilla bean torte etc.

There are many more, these are just a few to give you an idea of what they have. I think the aftertaste of most protein supplements is probably the biggest turn off well that is other than the smell. I am very picky, and I really did try more than 20 different products. Two months before I even started the two week liquid died, I started trying a different product and flavor every day. I hope my being so picky can save you a little bit of time and trouble. I know that si03 (the company that makes the syntrax products) offers a trial package that contains like 12 individual servings of different flavors. I think it was about $14 or so.