Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Want To Eat!

O.K. I don't know how I did it right after surgery. I had my teeny tiny fill this morning, and now I'm ready to eat this computer or anything else I can get my hands on! Dr. Bauman wants you to do three days of liquids and then three days of mushies, and I haven't even made it through the first day yet! I am so hungry, I can't stand it!:phanvan

I have to do 2 days of full fluids and 2 days of a soft diet after a fill. I am getting my second one tomorrow. Maybe you could call and advance to a soft diet?

Wow I feel bad because I only have to do liquids till dinner time when I get a fill in the morning. Then I can eat as normal as long as I eat soft foods.

I need to call for a fill. I have gained four pounds in two weeks. This isnt happening!!!!!!! I hope you do well on your liquids because it sure looks like I need too be on that with you right now. :o

Angie

Thanks Kim, I'm hanging on by a thread! What exactly is Egg Drop Soup? That's what I had planned on having tonight, but the local Chinese place was closed by the time the T-Ball game was over with. Ugh, one day down, two to go!

Elisabeth,

I have actually thought about that, but I just have this feeling that my doctor would say, "NO WAY!" He's a wonderful guy and very nice, but he's also a stickler! LOL!

Hi Mia,

Isn't weird how different doctors have different rules for stuff? I don't know what the deal is, and it's probably in my head, but it seems to be really bothering me more this time! Ugh!

Angie,

Don't worry, those pesky four pounds will go away quick. It's hard to really stick to things when you've got a lot going on, so hang in there, things will get better! You could always call for a fill though, if you felt like you needed one. Just remember, we're all here for you, and even though I've never made it to a "get-together," that includes me too!:)

Aww, thanks Denika! That is very sweet of you. I do feel that what is going on has helped me with those four pounds but I really need to get up and move and eat right and get a fill and start this ball rolling again.

Thanks again,

Angie

Hey Denika!

I know how you feel! I am one week one day post op and saw Dr. Bauman yesterday! This liquid diet is making me crazy!! I can't believe HOW HUNGRY I am!!!

I didn't expect to want to eat as much as I do. I am ok during most of the day, but getting groceries, or watching TV makes me starving. Nevermind the delicious suppers my hubby cooks for the rest of the family!

Isn't that part awful! I remember during my liquid phase after surgery, I was miserable with hunger too! I think a lot of it is KNOWING that you can't eat, and that makes you want everything you see, hear about, or smell! Hang in there, it'll be over soon, but until then just try to drink as much as you can to help with the hunger. It won't take it away, but maybe it will help!

For some odd reason I was turned off by food. Even when my husband cooked it made me feel sick to my stomach. Just the smell of food made me nauseaous. I think that helped me get by without the food for sometime. Then when I was able to start eating again that went away. The two weeks for me was easy because food just didnt sound good at all. I wish that was the case now. Jeepers! LOL

Angie

food is what got me here.

How much I ate.

How often I ate.

The reasons I ate.

food shouldn't be the enemy. But it is for me.

Food should sustain us,

give us energy,

give us strength.

I ate whatever it is I will want - 10,000 times,

and it never made me healthy.

I ate whatever I wanted, all I wanted, 100,000 times,

and it never made me happy.

I guess living alone will make this easier - as I won't have to deal with other people's food, however,

other people's food wasn't killing me.

I was letting my food do that to myself.

I know the band is a tool,

I know the food is my coping tool,

I'm hoping the band is a "power" tool.

and will be stronger than the first bite.

To go thru all of this, and to think I wouldn't still want all the food I love, would be silly. I'm always going to love food. I just want to learn to "like it".... and, to love me ...