Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lately, I've felt that my sleeve seems to empty fast. I've always had a tendency to eat frequently, including pre-sleeve - it wasn't uncommon that I'd stuff myself silly, yet 3 hours later, would be hungry again. Well, same thing here! I actually paid attention to the timing today. I had a canelloni with veal for lunch around 12:15 (ground veal rolled into a sheet of pasta) and was full after. Then, around 1:30 I started feeling hungry again! I distracted myself by drinking some tea, but by 2 o'clock, I HAD to eat again. Packed away a whole cup of strawberries, so obviously, my sleeve was empty by then, even though less than 2 hours had passed. Is it just me or does anyone else seem to have rapid emptying?

I only have it with carbs, and mixing carbs (especially Pasta or bread) with meat. But, if I eat just meat, it hangs out in there longer. I still never get hungry so I can not relate at all to that factor. I didn't eat today until 2:30pm because I was too busy dealing "shit happens" events.

Lately, I've felt that my sleeve seems to empty fast. I've always had a tendency to eat frequently, including pre-sleeve - it wasn't uncommon that I'd stuff myself silly, yet 3 hours later, would be hungry again. Well, same thing here! I actually paid attention to the timing today. I had a canelloni with veal for lunch around 12:15 (ground veal rolled into a sheet of pasta) and was full after. Then, around 1:30 I started feeling hungry again! I distracted myself by drinking some tea, but by 2 o'clock, I HAD to eat again. Packed away a whole cup of strawberries, so obviously, my sleeve was empty by then, even though less than 2 hours had passed. Is it just me or does anyone else seem to have rapid emptying?

I agree with Tiff - the Pasta is making it go through faster. But, Pasta and bread are part of life.

My nutritionist recommended that I start with a small Protein - think of it as a sink stopper - and then eat my pasta/bread and meat mixtures. You might try that & see if it helps with a longer saiety.

What do you usually eat on a typical day Tiff? From the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep???

Today was a horrible food day for me, but I can tell you what I usually eat.

Breakfast - is a poached egg, or 1/2 soft taco flour tortilla with cream cheese and deli meat (3 slices) rolled up or I'll eat some cheese chunks with 3-4 saltine crackers and 6-8 slices of turkey pepperoni. I hate Breakfast food, and the egg is about the only thing breakfast I'll eat.

I eat out a lot so it honestly depends on where we end up. Yesterday, I went out for Thai food.

I had 1 spring roll (with 80% of the fried shell peeled off)

1/4 cup of steamed rice

about 4-5ounces of pepper steak (skirt steak)

It took me about an hour since I was out with my girlfriends to eat that. Oh yeah, and I drank some of the broth from the egg drop Soup that was served before our meals arrived.

Last night for dinner, I had 6oz of roast (super tender, moist chuck roast that I slow and low prepared in the oven) with ketchup, 1 small red potato quartered, and 3 saltine crackers.

Last night at 11 pm, I was baking a red velvet cake. It was an epic fail because I was out of eggs and tried to sub applesauce, but the cake fell apart, I ate 4-5 bites with frosting, but it was not anywhere close to a normal slice of cake. Literally 4--5 bites of it, and it went in the trash.

I usually an entire bag of beef Jerky every 2 days. The 3 serving per bag bags. It's a good snack, keeps me from eating Funyuns, and I am satisfied with beef Jerky. So, throw in more cheese and beef jerky in the equation, and that's what I eat every day.

Today, I was busy dealing with "shit happens" events, and didn't eat until 2:30pm. I ate a Lean Cuisine Beef Broccoli meal. It took me 45 minutes to eat all of it. Today, we're having chicken, black eyed peas, and either mashed potatoes or rice. It just kind of depends on my mood once I step into the kitchen. Because I didn't eat a lot at all today, I'll be eating a lot of black eyed peas, and potatoes tonight with maybe 2 chicken breast strips. I'll eat super slow, and steady, and will probably put away some pepperonis and cheese as a snack around 8ish since I am so caloric/protein deficient today.

Or the hunger is really acid reflux. What you describe happens to me daily. I've been taking the gaviscon chewables to assuage the hunger. It works for a bit.

(I quit my actual PPI)

Maybe I'll try that, thanks. I don't wanna take a PPI unless I actually have the burning symptoms. I'd rather eat more and maybe risk regaining 2 lbs than break a hip at 40, lol.