Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am sneaking food again!

I am only as sick as my secrets!!!!!

I bought two pints of ice cream yesterday. Ate one before DH came home from work and ate the other when he left to go to a class. Took the containers and put in my work bag to get rid of the evidence!

UGH!!!! I am self sabotaging myself! AGAIN!

Hopefully by telling on myself, I can move on .......:o :o :o :o :o

This is a very difficult journey, loaded with huge potholes that we will evenually learn to go around instead of falling right in on occasion. Just get out of the hole, brush yourself off, and move forward... Try to see what made you buy the ice cream. Could you have done something different, like buy some fudgicles instead?

The biggest thing that you need to realize is that you are NOT in denial! You posted this for all to see. That is HUGE! Give yourself a pat on the back, a huge hug, and know that today is a new day. This is a journey. We will not learn all the lessons at once... And know that you are not alone!!!

Being honest with yourself is the first step to fixing the problem.

Keep the junk food out of your line of vision. Don't bring it into the house, skip the sections in the grocery store that have your favorites, try sugar free / fat free treats (but eat sparingly), journal your food intake ( good and bad), walk past the vending machines at work.

Remember that by eating sugar that you are making yourself crave even more sugar.

Keep your goal in mind, and remember that every day you start over again with a fresh start.

I found that shopping on line helps keep me out of the junk food Isle and keeps a clean house free of roage Cookies and ice cream.. I shop at albertsons.com see if you have one its easy once you get the hang of it and the deliver it right to your house for a mere 10 bucks.. its well worth it.

THROW IT IN THE TRASH!!!

The BIG trash can (outside) - cause if you throw it inside you (I would) could get it out and nibble on it.

My mother FREAKS everytime I tell her that I bought something, brought it home and threw it in the trash before I brought it in the house. How dare I throw good food (junk crap) away!

I *honestly* think there is a mental consolation that happens when I actually purchase it... with all intent to eat it.

But before I get it into my body, I chunk it.

When its all over, it ends up in the trash OR the toilet, right?

Id prefer the trash get it. :nervous

Donna -- we ALL go through moments like this....I LOVE ice cream! It is the ONLY food item I actually miss....so I planned for those crave moments and bought Slim-A-Bear NO SUGAR ice cream and also Weight Watchers has some awesome stuff too --- so go girl - to the nearest store and buy ice cream alternatives -- if it SITS in the freezer you probably won't even crave it anymore lol - works for me.....

pssst....you really should fess up to your sweetie! He IS on your side - in this weight loss struggle - yes?!

Thanks for all the words of wisdom! I feel like an addict! It is crazy this food addition!

I am going to share it with DH when he gets home. He won't be surprised... knowing him... he probably already knows! LOL He is great... wonderful.. kind ... supportive!

Just remember about all of the good days that you have had.

One bad day does not negate all of the great, positive things you have done for yourself!

hop back up on the bike and keep riding. if you need a hand there are plenty of us here to give it to you!

Donna.....what the heck are you doing? Listen, I know all too well about food addiction, I live and work in my fine dining restaurant 24/7....hubby is a professional chef.....I am around food ALL THE TIME.

In my opinion, you have gone to great lengths to get this under control....i.e. the band. Why do want to sabotage this.....I disagree with the others......you are clearly setting yourself up for failure.....why?

I struggle all the time....but to come this far, I wouldn't think of falling into any of my old habits....I know that that is easier said than done. I don't think smoothing it over and saying "be good from now on" is appropriate support.....just makes it easier for you to fail again. You need to think of the consequences actions like this can carry and why you got the band in the first place.

You need to get a grip girl!

Carol

I have a rule that junk is not allowed in my actual house. That doesn't mean I have a rule never, ever to eat junk, just that it can't be in my house. So, if I can't fight the ice cream urge, I go to a parlor and get a scoop and eat it there. It's not nearly as fun as eating a whole pint, comfy on the couch. But I seem to be able to stick to that as a rule and it's working.

Good luck!

Thank you all for the support. I actually went the whole day today without ice cream! I had to break the cycle of eating it everyday again.

Carol.... I was where you are at one time. 2 or 3 weeks out and saying I went through a lot to have the surgery and I will stick with it no matter what! I hope you don't have to "eat" your words somewhere down the road. LOL

I am addicted to food. I know in my head I can't have it... I know it in my heart I can't have it! One taste and I'm off and running.

Today is a new day... thank gooness!

Donna,

I'm here to confess.

The hypocrite that I am...

I ate (more like inhaled) a LARGE bowl of Blue Bell homemade vanilla lastnight - forgot about it today (thankfully) - and just had another serving.

Could'nt throw it away - Mike threatened me.

It's his fault.

((:kiss shhh, it sure was YUMMY!!))

lol Paula....I'm telling you ice cream would be the death of me - I thought I would die without it -- so I keep stuff that isn't so bad in the freezer now - and if I eat some I know I am doing less damage - lol -- seriously - there is some healthier (if that's possible) choices for ice cream like No Pudge and Slim-A-Bear - both are actually better for diabetes than Weight Watchers stuff...just thought I'd share with my fellow ice creamaholics!

Paula..... LOL:clap2: I love not being alone in my boat!

One full day without ice cream! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I told DH last night and he said he was disapointed in me, but understands that this is a food addition. I feel so much better getting one day under my belt and sharing with you guys and DH my secrets!!!!

ODAAT (one day at a time)