Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am sneaking food again!

DOC, Sugar is NOT my friend woman. Please try and divert yourself to other healther choices. Once I'm on that roller coast (like the cookie dough bite I just took BTW :} smile) its hard for me to stop. Be good to yourself and keep your goal in mind. Its not worth those calories in the end. Good luck. Go girl!

Another day ice cream free! I also went to the gym : - ) I can say that I had to keep talking myself out of the ice cream, but it worked!

I'm not banded yet, but want to be. I have no problem polishing off a half-gallon of ice cream one night and then another the next. Cookie dough ice cream is my downfall. I know that getting banded won't help with my cravings or my desire to eat the entire half-gallon, but I am hoping that I will not be able to because of the band without vomiting. Please tell me the band will help in that dept. of overeating, bingeing, just for the simple fact that the pouch won't be able to hold it.

I'm not banded yet, but want to be. I have no problem polishing off a half-gallon of ice cream one night and then another the next. Cookie dough ice cream is my downfall. I know that getting banded won't help with my cravings or my desire to eat the entire half-gallon, but I am hoping that I will not be able to because of the band without vomiting. Please tell me the band will help in that dept. of overeating, bingeing, just for the simple fact that the pouch won't be able to hold it.

I hate to be the one to break it to you ItsGottaGo, but ice cream immediately becomes liquid and slides right through the band. In other words, the band won't affect your ability to eat a lot of ice cream at one sitting.

Before I had surgery, my doctor had a big discussion with me about what types of food are my downfall. He told me that grazers and sweet eaters - ice cream in particular - are usually not helped by being banded. The band controls the quantity of SOLID foods you are able to consume. liquids are not restricted in any way, which means that ice cream or anything that liquifies quickly, like chocolate or Peanut Butter, moves quickly and easily from the "pouch", through the stoma, and into your stomach.

Sorry to be the one to bring you down.

Donna;

It's not so much about the EATING of the ice cream, as it is about the HIDING of the ice cream. Most people are not going to go the rest of their lives without eating ice cream, no matter what... but the true sign of addiction is hiding that eating behavior.

I am not sure that your own self discipline will be enough on this issue... Maybe a counselor? If Ice Cream is your own personal Crack or Heroine, then you will need some help.

Good Luck and Stay Strong.

Love ya!

Donna... I also had that discussion with Dr. Rodriquez! I knew going in that my addiction to ice cream would be an issue! The result is I can't have it! If I start I can't stop!

Bean: I want to thank you for being a constant support for me! I am unfortunately well aware of the downfalls of addiction. I can become addicted to anything and everything that alters the way I feel about myself... alcohol, relationships, drugs, cigaretts, ice cream and potato chips!

I work on this addiction on a daily basis through diffent avenues, but sharing where I am at helps to get it out in the open so I can move one. Makes me accountable!

Thanks so much for the love and support! It means the world to me

MO: Thanks! you have been so understanding! :clap2:

Donna

Don't worry it is not the end of the world and you will find the steps to your goal once again. Every minute of the day you are able to make a change for the better. We all have our down sides if we didnt this site wouldnt be so busy. SMILE

Saymyname....

You are right, it isn't the end of the world and just for today I have not had ice cream.

What really amazed me was even after being so good for over 6 months, how fast I got back in an old BAD habbit. It hit and at first I didn't recognize it. Then I got that old feeling in my stomach that when I was sneaking ice cream that it was just like it was before the band.

Cunning ... bafflng and powerful!

These posts have brought to light something I didn't realize about myself. For years I loved potato chips. I mean really, really liked them. I wanted fresh bags and never ate the remaining chips in a bag if they were not fresh. I would buy bags at a time so I always had a fresh supply. I also lived alone.

Two years ago I got married. We dated for about a year before that. Somehow I stopped eating potato chips. We bought tortilla chips for dips, but I seldom just bought potato chips for snacking.

THese posts make me realize that it was my "alone" food of choice. I went to that bag for comfort, for company. Somehow when they are brought out in the light of day for others to see, they have lost their appeal.

Before banding and after marriage, I could eat a snack pack of chips for lunch. Not a whole bag and didn't go down to get chips for an afternoon snack.

I find this all interesting now. Maybe ice cream to some is the same. Its that food that brings "alone" comfort. Maybe when our demons come calling we should face them with others. Maybe they would lose their appeal on us. Just a thought.

It just goes to show you, the band IS a tool and does not change your thinking over night, it takes time and strength. I am the same way with chocolate Donna you know that. I'm REALLY trying though.

Another down fall is chips, so I switched to BBQ Soy chips and by golly, they are prettttttty good ! DD even likes them whoot !

In stead of giving up what I like, I'm trying to modify my choices.

I'm not an ice cream junkie but boy I do notice that it goes down easy when chicken won't so I bought Skinny Cow cones, vanilla/caramel SLURP!

Hang in there and good for you for trying to kick the habit.

Love Yah !!

Doc....... :tsk:

You obviously weren't thinking of me at that moment.

It's ass kicking time.:boxing: :fish:

:eek:

Thanks Jack! I won't give up or give in.

I didn't want to test it, but I owed my granddaughter a lunch and she chose checkers today. I chose not to have a fry because if I had one... I would want them all.

No ice cream for me. One scoop isn't enough...... I will always want more.

Thanks again Jack!

If you buy it, you will eat it.

If you don't, you won't.

I hate the fact that it's in my mind either way,

but I know for me,

if I bought it, I ate it.

DO NOT BUY THE STUFF YOU WANT MOST.

<I'm saying to myself>

and that would be, hmmmm - just about everything.

I have to give a big THANK YOU to Doc....for bringing up a subject that every one of us faces with some kind of food....we ALL struggle - I say be proud of the fact that you faced this demon - talked about it - listened - shared some more - and are fighting it to the end! Personally I think we ALL are in denial sometimes about our 'alone' foods (I agree with that theory) -- those of us who have been single/single parents/single whatever know that food brought us to that place on many occasions....I've learned to REPLACE bad foods with good foods - not eliminate - it isn't realistic (for me anyhow) and I am content - knowing that if I have a munchies moment I will eat something BETTER for me than the old junk I used to eat. We all face the demon in our own way - Doc - facing yours in a post was brave and should be commended! Thanks!