Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any suggestions for Pureed foods?? YUCK!!

I am 2 weeks post op today and its time to start pureed foods...I just cant imagine eating food mashed up in a blender..the though of it makes me sick... I have been doing ok on liquid but am so tired of i..... i have lost 15 pounds but today when i weighed in the scale went up three pounds....Very discouraging... I want to know whats a good thing i can eat that doesnt require puree in a blender.... did anyone go from liquid to solids eating slowly and chewing it up til its mushy??? or can i just stick to the liquids and Protein Shakes for 2 more weeks until its time for solids?? I need help and as much options as i can get....Me and pureed isnt going to work plus im scared to increase to pureed cuz the scale may start to go in the wrong direction...up

Thanks for those ideas that sounds doable ? what is canned chicken?

Had my 2 week post op yesterday. She told me I could have canned tuna or canned chicken, or the insides of a baked potato or a sweet potato.

I'm actually 2 weeks post op today also. My doctor is having me on 2 weeks of full liquids (after the first week of clear liquids) and not on pureed until next week. I've been eating yogurt and all sorts of different kinds of Soup. I definitely would NOT go to solids yet. Your stomach is not healed enough to eat solids yet. You would run the risk of doing damage to the suture stitching in your stomach and then could have leakage. The best advice my doctor and dietician gave me was to not advance to soon. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I am 2 weeks post op today and its time to start pureed foods...I just cant imagine eating food mashed up in a blender..the though of it makes me sick... I have been doing ok on liquid but am so tired of i..... i have lost 15 pounds but today when i weighed in the scale went up three pounds....Very discouraging... I want to know whats a good thing i can eat that doesnt require puree in a blender.... did anyone go from liquid to solids eating slowly and chewing it up til its mushy??? or can i just stick to the liquids and Protein shakes for 2 more weeks until its time for solids?? I need help and as much options as i can get....Me and pureed isnt going to work plus im scared to increase to pureed cuz the scale may start to go in the wrong direction...up

I guess I was lucky because I have a young grandson. I tried some of his baby food, The meat isn't bad and you can add spices. They have all kinds of fruits and veg and the consistency was always better than I could achieve trying to blend my own stuff. That got old after a week so I did take a pork chop and use a magic bullet with some chicken stock and blended it, but not so it was actual mush. I then proceeded to chew the hell out of it until it WAS absolute liquid and then swallowed. Mmm, mmm good!

I am about 10 weeks post op and I found that Greek Yogurt mixed with one or two sugar substitutes and spoonfuls of either sugar free grape or strawberry preserves is really very good if you like yogurt. I, too tried baby food, and hated it. I also bought some low salt and "healthier soups" with chicken and egg noodles and put those in the blender and they were good as well. Of course the old standby is a scrambled egg or mashed tuna or chicken salad or egg salad. I hated low fat mayo, so I just used regular mayo. So far I am down 35 pounds. Good luck!

I don't know if you like italian...but I did lowfat ricotta with some spaghetti sauce. It tasted so good. Also mashed bananas are yummy. Stay strong, it does get better. I have my 6 week follow up today and hopefully I get cleared to try new things.

Last night I mashed up some tofu, and seasoned with onion powder, a few drops of vinegar, mayo and bacon salt (a low sodium vegetarian salt I got from Cost Plus) It was tooo good. I had my first feelings of restriction eating it... hurray!

On my pureed stage I loved to get the rotisserie chickens (skin removed first) and put it in a food processor in some chicken broth. It was really good. Of course I couldn't eat very much at all and I had to chew til it was goo, but the flavor was so unreal. It was nice to begin to eat REAL food again!

ETA: I did not puree until it was paste. I got them to very tiny chunks or the consistency would make me sick. I just once I got it the right blend chew it up in my mouth until it almost liquid.< /strong>

I also liked to get the starkist tuna in Water and add a little bit of light mayo and hard boiled egg white... it was very tasty.

I am very picky with my food so on each stage I pretty much stuck with what I knew I liked and lived on it for 10 days each. Good luck!!