Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texas bandster

I like the idea of a Texas get-together, but I was really referring to the local DFW area. Seriously, we could get together once a month or bi-monthly, just to hang out, have dinner, catch a movie, cuss and discuss. It'll happen. Now where is that Terry Evans..????:rolleyes:

I would love to meet with all of you. Let's see what we can work out. I am getting my map out and I am going to start writing your names on it by where you live.

Betty you are right. Little Elm is up near Denton off of 377 on 720.

Letha, where did you say you lived?

Leatha, I noticed that you were "rebanded". I am sure everyone else knows but would you please tell me what happened?

Guest gfc

Tanna, I had the lap band surgery on October 5th at Capital Surgeons by Dr Fass. How are you doing?

Guest gfc

Hey everyone,

I had surgery October 5th in Austin by Dr. Fass with Capital Surgeons. Excellent care and easy post op. I highly recommend Dr. Fass in Austin.

Betty you are right. Little Elm is up near Denton off of 377 on 720.

Letha, where did you say you lived?

I'm in Plano/Allen area.

Leatha, I noticed that you were "rebanded". I am sure everyone else knows but would you please tell me what happened?

April of last year I had a fill by one our local opportunists (not a banding surgeon, but a 'fill doctor') who seemed to think my pouch was dilated, but he went ahead and overfilled me anyway (this is a total NO NO with pouch dilation). I suffered severe reflux and pain upon swallowing by that evening. Turns out, when I saw a more experienced person that he said my band had 'slipped' and my pouch was perfectly fine (looking at the film from doc #1). So, they had to unfill me and I had to have surgery to 'reposition' the band, but during surgery, the band broke so they had to replace it. So, I am just now getting over TWO surgeries this summer and back to some semblance of restriction, AGAIN. :)

Welcome Tanna and gfc! I hope to see the two of you here often!

Marie- I chatted with Lisa the other day. She has actually drives down the road my grandad lives on all the time. My dad grew up in Cleveland and so I spent most of my summers down there. If Steven and I have to move, we will be moving to Kingwood and visiting my G.dad alot! I am definately going to try to meet Lisa "face to face" next time I get down that way. Maybe we could all meet then?

Leatha-thanks for getting back with me. I am so sorry to hear you had that happen. You are doing better now right? ;-)

Well, I am subbing today so I better go.

Guest phjyllis

Hi Big Unit!

I am waiting for insurance, (UHC PPO) approval and hope to be banded within 2-4 weeks too unsing Dr. Spivak. If so, we will have to keep in touch because we will be be close on the same banding schedule. I am really looking forward to this trip into better health. I live in North Houston, but grew up in the Southwest part of Houston. Where are you? What insurance did you have and how long did it ake you to get approval? I gave birth 28 years ago to my daughter in Park Plaza right after it was built, never thought I would be going back there! Talk to ya soon!