Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chinese food soups

In my options program they aren't really talking about post op diet yet, which freaks me out a little. I also tend to be obsessive, just because I would like to be somewhat prepared. I was wondering what egg drop and wonton Soup count as for post op diet. liquid? mushies? If I wanted to eat the wanton Soup would I have to puree it? Are either of these well tolerated? Trying to create a post op diet for myself without eating the same stuff for every meal.

I asked about using Miso (Japanese, not Chinese) during the clear liquid stage. She said, as long as I strain out all of the clumps, no matter how small they might be, then it would be find for clear liquid. I am planning on heating it up, and then straining it through some cheesecloth to get the little clumps out. I imagine during mushies, I wouldn't need to strain anymore.

So, think in terms of that. I was told to make sure there are no clumps or chunks of any kind during the clear liquid stage.

Won-ton Soup would likely not be acceptable for clear unless you removed all the bits. So, basically, just broth. Same with Egg Flour, etc. I bet pureed would be fine for mushy stage on. But, as always, double check with your doc.

I have egg drop Soup for the past couple of days (I ordered a large and its still some left) but I attempted to strain as much of the egg as possible. It was soooooo good. I am 8 days post op and so tired of chicken, veggie, and beef stock. I moved into full liquids today (where I will be for the next three weeks) but I feel fine.

If you are trying to eat the eggs then I don't think that's liquid stages. But sans eggs, it was still heaven

I ordered wonton Soup no wontons or green onions and no crunchies in the clear liquid phase. once you get to full liquids strain as much of the egg as you can and enjoy your eggdrop soup. only thing is when you get to solids and begin to follow your low carb diet be carefull with those Soups because they are full of flour and cornstarch.

There are some great websites that have vsg post op diets. Beware, surgeons have their own list of when to eat and what to eat during different phases. I would recommend you contact your surgeons office (if you have a date yet) and see what they have to say. If not, do a google search.

Good luck with your upcoming sleeve surgery. I have no regrets.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches