Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holly from Australia

I have a date with a surgeon on Feb 22nd and I honestly think that it will change my life.

Ill no doubt have a stomache full of butterflies, Ill be wearing my best cotton night dress,

complete with gaping hole at the back, my accessories will be made up of 2 id bands and

my hair will be in a nice updo complete with elastic blue hair cap. No make up.

No perfume and after 30 minutes of chit chat ill be knocked off my feet.

Unfortunately its not a "hot" date .... its a "im doing this to save my life"date.

I havent had the best support from my family. Ive told my parents and my husband.

Initial response was bordeline cruel, but I can understand. They havent battled like I have

with weight issues and they love me. They dont want to see someone they love have to go

under the knife just to be healthy, but unfortunately thats the facts, and after telling them

all that I dont care if I have their support or not, that Ill do it alone if I have to, they may

have just come around to the fact that im serious.

I booked the surgeon without them. I went to nutritionists without them, endocrinologists,

physiologists without them. I consulted nurses, surgeons, speciallists, doctors without

them so I was sure as the sun that I could do this without them. It was upsetting to think

that I would have to though.

But all is well. After walking away and leaving it to them to decide, they are on board.

Good job considering that I went to the surgeon on the 25th of Jan and my surgery is in 4 weeks!

My pre surgery diet crackdown starts in 7 days, im full of excitement and full of nerves.

.. questions like what if something goes wrong? what if it doesnt work??? argh! a head full

of cotton wool at the moment and its a little overwhelming.

Even though Im talking into space right now... its nice to know that there is a space I can talk to..

and that im not alone.

Love and best wish to all surgery goers.

Holly from Oz

Congrats and best of luck! Sorry your family is not overly supportive, but you will find lots of support here!

Congrats on the surgery date! When considering WLS, i was afraid that my family would not be supportive. I was plesently surprised when I got the opposite reaction. In fact my mother is comming with me when I have my surgery. Congrats again, Best wishes

Wow congratulations and welcome aboard. I am having my sugery on the 1st of February so it is really close to me.. I will give you some advice though. The first two day on your liquid diet just really sucks..After that your body adapts quite quickly. Good luck you will do fine.. For me I am just as scared, but I know that I too have struggled with my weight and I know that I am doing the right thing. I have a feeling after sugery your family will support you more.. Good luck and please keep us posted..

Wow congratulations and welcome aboard. I am having my sugery on the 1st of February so it is really close to me.. I will give you some advice though. The first two day on your liquid diet just really sucks..After that your body adapts quite quickly. Good luck you will do fine.. For me I am just as scared, but I know that I too have struggled with my weight and I know that I am doing the right thing. I have a feeling after sugery your family will support you more.. Good luck and please keep us posted..

Thanks! Yours is close aswell!!! thanks for the tip! I know the whole thing might suck but i know its worth it! good luck with your surgery! xoxox

Welcome to your new Vertical Sleeve family and we are going to support you the entire way to your goal!!!

Holly,

Wishing you the best for your upcoming surgery! Your 'date' analogy was cute...in a way it is like a date...there may be lots of anxiety going in, and some unknowns, and ultimtely that single date can change your life :) Keep us posted on how things are going. I am at least 4 months pre-op and already getting anxious for my date!

Holly,

Wishing you the best for your upcoming surgery! Your 'date' analogy was cute...in a way it is like a date...there may be lots of anxiety going in, and some unknowns, and ultimtely that single date can change your life :) Keep us posted on how things are going. I am at least 4 months pre-op and already getting anxious for my date!

Wow! I think different countries do it different ways... I only have a 5 week wait I dont know how I would go with a longer one!!! I hope the 4 months goes smoothly and fast. Thanks for your support!

Holly

Welcome! You will definitely find lots of support, advice and cheerleaders here! Best support group you will ever find!

Hi Holly, loved your post, it did make me smile :) I too am going for my VSG, 15 February, and although I have my husbands support, he I know that at the back of his head he is wondering why we are spening all this money when all I have to do is go on ANOTHER diet. I did mention the op to my sister and mum, some time ago but the response was not very supportive so I have not told them about the fact that it is booked and paid for, dont really know whether I will tell them before I go in or after....They live a little way away so I might not tell them, then just go visit in a couple of months and let them see the results. What about friends, have you told them? I am really so excited, its the first thing I think about when I wake up, and every moment I get too... Actually, you know what, I have actually started having dreams, in which I am slim - I always dream I am huge, or stuck in a small place, and in these new dreams I can actually feel what it would be like to be slim - EEEEK!!!

Well, good luck with everything and keep in touch xxx