Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi i was sleeved on jan 27th and i still have these chest pains from gas still in there and also feels like hunger pains is this normal and when should it go away? thanks the pain feels like its coming up my throat

You're really early out so having gas pains is normal. Mine manifested themselves as pain in my shoulder mostly and I still had the occasional twinge of pain up to 4 weeks out.

You shouldn't really be experiencing much hunger 2 days out though. It could be acid as that could feel like hunger - are you taking an antacid? If not speak to your doc about it and give it a try and that may well do the trick for you. Good luck! biggrin.gif

Gas X thin strips work and are safe for you now. Move around as much as possible. It helps move the bubble. My gas pain was worse than surgery pain!!

Holy crap I am with you. I had a hiatal hernia done a well andd it took then 21/2 hour to do it. Thi burping was the feeling I got from the hernia. I am not getting the Protein in the Water is ok. Also my not back asthma wi the wore it has been. Cannot walk too far without stoping. sorry for the typing acouple of my keys are sticking.

are you taking a acid reducer? if i forget to take mine, i get a pain that comes up my throat like what you are describing.

I too experienced some pretty intense gas pains, Gas-X strips and walking are the only things that alleviated the pain for me. I am still only 6 days out and if I feel the pressure coming on, I take the strips and get moving. Good luck.

Ok well knock on wood its about 95% gone now my problem now is i dont know when i eat enough chicken Soup i will eat like 2 0r 3 ounces but i still feel hungry but then again it could be the gas im confused lol but im feeling a whole lot better today knock on wood

that is so wierd, I got on here to see if anyone else was hungry, I was sleeved on the 27th too. I wonder when it is too much with the Soup, Jello, popsicles, etc. Mostly because I am hungry, but trying not to eat too much, paranoid about taking too big of bites. I too had the gas very wicked! I feel it subsiding since I came home yesterday, have been using a heating pad for it and seems to help. The heating pad also helps with my back laying in the same position forever and ever. So, It does make me feel better that someone that had surgery the same day is experiencing the same exact thing, seems more normal then. I am enjoying some sugar free Jello right now for Breakfast, I woke up quite hungry at 7:30. Keep in touch and good luck to you!

Hi i was sleeved on jan 27th and i still have these chest pains from gas still in there and also feels like hunger pains is this normal and when should it go away? thanks the pain feels like its coming up my throat

I am close to 5 weeks out of surgery. I can honestly say I have not yet experienced actual physical hunger. I have "head" hunger, when I see something I want or in the liquid diet phase, but at the 1st week out I realized it wasnt true hunger at all. When you are seeming to have this hunger, evaluate it, Are you actually hungry or are you just sick of chicken broth. Get moving, occupy yourself, divert your attention, if the hunger goes away then you will learn how to manage it, if it doesnt then have some Jello or whatever is in you phase of the post op diet. I also noticed that alot of times when I feel this liquids satisfy and are very refreshing for me. especially crystal light Iced tea flavor.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I was also sleeved 1/27/11! Each day is better but I've been regretful during these hard days. I just wanna be to the good part. I can't imagine getting all the Protein in yet. My Breakfast was so gross (thin oatmeal with vanilla Protein powder and a splash of milk) and it got cold before I could eat is all.