Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To sleeve or not to Sleeve.... actually I think i've made my mind

Howdy, This is my story in a nut shell.

Born thin.... Stayed thin all thru school. Was thin after first child was born, back to 125 in 6 weeks after giving birth. Thin at 25, thin at 30, thin at 35..... THEN baby # 2

Delivered at 205 and was never thin again. YoYo dieted my way to 139, gained it back. Phen-Phen'd my way back to 151, gained it back. Weight Watcher'd my way to 172, gained it back. Medifast'd to 176, gained it back plus 10.

Somewhere in by life I developed hypothyroidism. Somewhere in by life my metabolic rate dropped to 980 calories per day (yes that was medically tested). Somewhere in my life, thin Kim turned into 2bslimkim.

I don't recognize myself in the mirror. I don't eat sweets, I don't eat junk food, I don't have family pictures, I don't go to parties, I don't like to shop, I don't like to run into people I knew in my past..... I'm no-longer the person I was.

My oldest son told my younger son "you never knew Hot Mom". Now i'm frumpy mom, now I shop plus size, now I wear long hair so my face doesn't look so fat.

I want my life back. I want to stop my love affair with wining and dining. I want to have a sex life again. I want to enjoy shopping, I want my mom to stop worrying about my health.

Through think and thin (or thin & thick)... my husband has never stopped loving me or wanting to spend "time" with me. We will have our 15 yr anniversary this February.... I weighted 119 on 2-28-1996, I now weigh almost 100 lbs more (212). He deserves his wife back. I weighed approx 125 when my first son turned 1,2,3,4,5,6,7.8. & 9.... my sons deserve their mom back.

This is my story and its getting ready to change yet again. This roller-coaster ride is getting ready to launch.... who's want to come along for the riderolleyes.gif?

HOP on there are A LOT of us on the RIDE already!!!! LOL Good to have you aboard!!!

WELCOME! I hope you do decide the jump on and get the sleeve. I am so like you in that I won't take family pictures and I am sick of being the fat mom. I hope that will be changing very soon. I LOVE my sleeve. It keeps me in control and it is an amazing thing to see the scale go down and stay there!

Tell you the truth, your kids already HAVE their Mom, she isn't gone. Kids don't care if they have Hot Mom of Fat Mom, they want Mom. Now, You, you will feel better, thinner, more energy, sex without a gut in the way (oh wait, my story..). Look at that smile in your pic-your there!

Good Luck!

Welcome!!

I have never been "thin" my whole life, but I know the sleeve can get me a normal BMI. I think I was probably 12 years old the last time I had a normal BMI!! You will find a ton of great people and lots of information here.

Good luck on your journey!

When I was younger I had a normal BMI (before BMIs were "in") around 20-30 years ago, and I thought I was fat. I was constantly dieting from the age of 9. Slowly, finally I got fat for real. I'm hoping this time I can enjoy my normal BMI, and not think I am still fat! That would be a great NSV!

I'm coming along for the ride - Let's GO!!

I know what you mean about pictures...I just had a fantastic vacation in December but HATE looking at the pictures with me in them!