Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Home from Hospital

I am at Home Sweet Home. I was sleeved on Tuesday, 1/25. For the most part went pretty well. Had a few dry heeves in recovery, then when advanced to liquids didn't have any problems. I am currently mainly sore in my ab muscles to get up from sitting and laying, but I have no problem walking. Also, my stomach seems to be constantly gurgling and bubbling and there may be some hunger pains too, can't really tell. I started on prilosec today. I also do a lot of burping. Does all of this seem normal for being sleeved for 2 days now?

It all sounds totally normal! Glad you are home safe and sound! Good luck with your recovery. You will feel so much better in no time!! :)

You sound just like I did a month ago. Hang in there and rest. You will be amazed at how great you feel a month from now! : )

I got sleeved on Monday (1/24) and it all sounds just like what I am going through... must be normal. Congratulations and good luck!

We are sleeve sisters! I am felling all the same so it seems we are right on track!

Tabitha, glad you are doing good after your surgery. I am on clear liquids until I see my surgeon again which is 10 days.

I am also a January 25th sleever. Sounds to be completely normal to me. Also are you opening your prilosec and dumping them in your liquids instead of swallowing the whole capsule? My tummy is very sore, theres lots of air and gas and hunger pains. Hopefully in a week or two we'll be feeling much better! Hang in there everyone!

Surgery in 6 days, so excited, but really starting to feel a bit anxious. I am so ready though!

Hey you all! I got sleeved on the 27th. Really wondered WTH I was thinking while I was in the hospital. Now my surgical incisions are almost painless. This morning I dry heaved a lot but just took micro sips of clears. Now my stomach still really hurts but I'm just sipping and sipping. I have to go back to work on Feb 7th so I'm nervous because I cannot feel like this and work.

I was sleeved Jan. 26th and can relate to what you are describing, so we must be normal :) I'm shocked that I don't even really need the pain meds at this point, although I seem to get tired during the day - and am taking naps, so I take the pain med at night to help me sleep. But thinking of switching to Tylenol PM's soon, just so I don't have to take a narcotic if I don't have to. I, too, burp a lot, and feel like I need to burp a lot. I wish I was a baby, and someone would pat my back after drinking - hahahah! Good luck - glad to know we are on the same track. :)

I was sleeved Jan. 26th and can relate to what you are describing, so we must be normal :) I'm shocked that I don't even really need the pain meds at this point, although I seem to get tired during the day - and am taking naps, so I take the pain med at night to help me sleep. But thinking of switching to Tylenol PM's soon, just so I don't have to take a narcotic if I don't have to. I, too, burp a lot, and feel like I need to burp a lot. I wish I was a baby, and someone would pat my back after drinking - hahahah! Good luck - glad to know we are on the same track. :)

I was sleeved 12/17/2010,so I am 6 weeks post op. I have lost a total of 39 pounds so far. What you all are feeling is perfectly normal and will get much better, trust me. The human body is an amazing vesse land it adjusts quite quickly. By the time I was a week post-op, I was feeling great! Congrats to all of you and welcome to the losing team!!!

I am at Home Sweet Home. I was sleeved on Tuesday, 1/25. For the most part went pretty well. Had a few dry heeves in recovery, then when advanced to liquids didn't have any problems. I am currently mainly sore in my ab muscles to get up from sitting and laying, but I have no problem walking. Also, my stomach seems to be constantly gurgling and bubbling and there may be some hunger pains too, can't really tell. I started on prilosec today. I also do a lot of burping. Does all of this seem normal for being sleeved for 2 days now?

Thanks for posting I am having surgery 2 weeks from Friday so I like to see the updates