Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days post op and starving!

Hi!

I had my surgery last Thursday and I am super hungry. I totally admit I am not getting all my protein... I did ok the first few days but the Unjury protien powder is making me feel gross now. I guess so much of it... I can't stand the taste. I have mixed unflavored with things, shakes with ice cream, yogurt, etc... Plain milk and chocolate flavored and I would rather not eat than eat them and feel sick...

I am drinking the ISPORE pretty good. I get about 40g Protein a day from that, but that isn't enough calories and doesn't stay in my pouch long. Plus, I tried a sample of nectar yesterday and it was awesome! The sucky part is that it won't be here for another week! I just ordered it last night!

So, if I can get all my protein in by drinking Isopure, what would be some other ways to get some healthy calories.

My dr.'s only restrictions is it has to go through a straw. I don't actually use a straw, but you know what I mean!

Thanks!

I can't believe how much I miss food!!! Is it like this for most people??

Try some slimfast or another prepared drink. Also, Tomato Soup is filling. If you make it with skim milk, it's a pretty good Protein source. Frozen yogurt, sugar-free/fat-free puddings, yogurt and cream Soups all work to fill you up as well.

Watch the carbs too. I have learned that the past few days. I have gone low carb today and am having a mush easier time with hunger. You might check out the "low carb mushie??" thread for some ideas.

A blender is a wonderful thing.

Hi oreilly,

Im going to counter what the others have recommended here - I say go for a small McD's shake - NOT large, but a small one. One a day will do. This was the ONLY thing that saved my life right after banding. I needed the thick substance and possibly the carbs that it contained. Plus - its yogurt, so your not doing 100% bad. The protien drinks never did it for me (yuck :)).

Oh, and Cream of chicken Soup seemed to do well for me.

My doctor said it had to go through a straw, too. I couldn't stand the packaged Protein drinks. And I have never been much of a shake drinker. So, puree chicken noodle Soup (or any soup you would like). It if is too thick, thin with milk (good protein) or chicken broth. I "ate" a lot of creamed Soups (Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? - wonderful tomato/roasted red pepper soup - in a box.)

How about pureed cottage cheese? I don't particularly like cottage cheese, but some pureed canned fruit perks it right up. Add milk if it's too thick.

I like vanilla whey Protein Powder in a glass of milk. I had that for Breakfast even before I was banded.

Regular yogurt is off limits for awhile, but yogurt smoothies are wonderful.

Make banana smoothies.

Once I rediscovered my blender, life got a lot better. The first few weeks are for healing, not losing, so don't worry about that too much.

Oh, yeah, treat yourself to some sugar free Desserts. SF fudgescicles, instant pudding. There are lots of good foods out there. V8 juice rocks! SF hard candies are very comforting.

I know what you are going through. It was only about a month ago for me. After I started eating creamed soups and dairy products, I was never really hungry. Honest!