Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wow cant belive im doing this.

Well wensday is the big day for me im starting to get a little bit nervous now but no turning back now i have my plane tickets my passport and i payed my down paynemt so i hope everything goes good i never flew in a plane b4 so i cant belive im having this surgery plus out of country,on top of that in Mexico my doctor is dr. jose rodriguez so wish my luck guys.

My stats im 26 6'2 bmi 46

Baby boy you have made a very important decision, but one I think you will love. Please update when you are able to. I would be very interested in knowing about the facility as I have a son who needs to lose about 70 pounds. I will be thinking and praying for you. :D

Deb B)

I was in the same boat! I'm now less than 24 hours post op and feeling as good as I should. Even yesterday I was a mess, but I feel much better now!

Best of Luck

You will have a rollercoaster of emotions. Please keep your thoughts on the long term results. Yes, there will be some tough moments in the beginning, but after a couple weeks, you will be so much better!! I am 19 days out and feel totally fine!!!! Everytime you get nervous, just visualize something that you will be able to do, that your weight prevented you from doing before. That helped me soooo much. Good Luck and Congrats!!!

PS--Walk as much as you can after surgery and ice your stomach...It helps so much!

Best of luck on your surgery and the start of your new life!

Thanks everybody lol the bad thing is i think im more nervous about the plane thing than anything else and i hate the part after the surgery when your throat is dried and hurting.

It will be all worth it. Please update when you are able to, so we know everything is OK. GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES!!!! :D

Deb B)

:) Wishing you much success on your journey to a "brand new You. My surgery was January 3, 2011. Thus far I feel great. Stay positive and let us know how things go. :)

Well wensday is the big day for me im starting to get a little bit nervous now but no turning back now i have my plane tickets my passport and i payed my down paynemt so i hope everything goes good i never flew in a plane b4 so i cant belive im having this surgery plus out of country,on top of that in Mexico my doctor is dr. jose rodriguez so wish my luck guys.

so i had my surgery yesterday im sitting up right now from walking only thing that bothers me is the gas in my chest hopefully that will be gone later. Dr. jose rodriguez was great i've only seen him 1 time but all the other doctors said everything went great no problems one doctor just left and said i can have ice chips at lunch.

Well im going to go be back on here later

Good luck! Who are you flying with? USAirways? Delta????

so i had my surgery yesterday im sitting up right now from walking only thing that bothers me is the gas in my chest hopefully that will be gone later. Dr. jose rodriguez was great i've only seen him 1 time but all the other doctors said everything went great no problems one doctor just left and said i can have ice chips at lunch.

Well im going to go be back on here later

When your up to it tell me everything. I am also have surgery with Dr. Rod on 2/19. You don't hear as much about him on here as you do the Mexicali Drs. Although everything I have heard about him was good. Tell me about the facilities.

When your up to it tell me everything. I am also have surgery with Dr. Rod on 2/19. You don't hear as much about him on here as you do the Mexicali Drs. Although everything I have heard about him was good. Tell me about the facilities.

He is great but i have only seen him 1 time one of his doctors came to see me 2 times yesterday and he said docotor rod.was still doing surgeries but all the doctors are nice,The hosital is spotless its cleaner and newer than the 1 back home but when im feeling better i will tell you more,