Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

U tube video of the Sleeve operation

Here is a video of the Sleeve operation. It almost looks like a chicken breast being cut in half. There is very little blood loss.

Here is a video of the Sleeve operation. It almost looks like a chicken breast being cut in half. There is very little blood loss.

I can't even watch it!! lol Maybe after my surgery I'll give it another shot....

I can't even watch it!! lol Maybe after my surgery I'll give it another shot....

I don't know if this is the same one I watched before surgery, but i watched one and thought it was interesting! I asked my Dr assistant if I could have a copy of my surgery tape... NO! I guess it could be a legal problem... too bad! I would have loved to see it after the fact!

It looks just like pieces of chicken fat in the video around the stomach, I wonder if the surgeon cuts those out too? It would be nice if they did..

It looks just like pieces of chicken fat in the video around the stomach, I wonder if the surgeon cuts those out too? It would be nice if they did..

Fat has a blood supply, so I'm guessing not... sad.gif

Thanks for the link. You know it never occured to me to look it up on youtube. I emailed it to my mother in law and watched it with my mom (each watching it but we were on the phone). My poor husband walks in (unsuspecting with lunch too) and I've got this video on and my mom on the phone LOL I have to say I'm still ready to do it!

WOW! WOW! WOW! I watched it with my husband, the scientist, and he was like WOW! That was really a neat experience. I'm glad I watched it because it gave me the real perspective of what is going to occur instead of the cartoon version.

I guess they did a bunch of mine with the "robot". My doc is part of the robotics wing of the university.

I have watched the surgery on You Tube several times. (BTW there are more than one on You Tube) After watching the video I have a question. What happens to the staples and the clamps that they use? Do they eventually dissolve or do they stay in you all the time? OR Do you have to have them removed at some later time?

Hey make sure to ask your surgeon to take pictures...I wish I would have done that!!!

I have watched the surgery on You Tube several times. (BTW there are more than one on You Tube) After watching the video I have a question. What happens to the staples and the clamps that they use? Do they eventually dissolve or do they stay in you all the time? OR Do you have to have them removed at some later time?

The staples are permanent, they are titanium and never corrode. While I've never seen what they look like long term I would imagine that after a few years they would be pretty much enveloped in scar tissue as the stomach heals.

I asked for the the DVD, and the Jr. doc said that they couldn't do that because of possible liabilities. I even asked for the left over stomach! THe Jr. doc didn't even answer that one.!.. he just looked at me like I was crazy. hahaha!

LoL...before my gall bladder surgery, I asked for my stones and they gave them to me! They were so pretty. I kept them for a number of years and intended to make jewelry out of them (they were rather big). But I think, during one of my moves, they got lost or thrown away. :(

Too bad I can't make jewelry out of my stomach...hehehe

And yes, there are number of surgery videos on youtube. I'd advise watching a variety of them as different surgeons perform it differently. That, and it might help you feel more comfortable with what is going to happen. But if you are squeemish, I suggest you do what I do when I imagine my parents having sex...since I am adopted, it never actually happened...I just showed up. And that's what happens with your sleeve...it just shows up. :)

Okay...now, really am going to bed....for certain this time...maybe. :)

The staples are permanent, they are titanium and never corrode. While I've never seen what they look like long term I would imagine that after a few years they would be pretty much enveloped in scar tissue as the stomach heals.

Titanium is still magnetic, right? I'm thinking it is because my pans are titanium and I use them on an induction cook top. So this means you could never have an MRI, correct?

I watched it. Not so hideous. Does look like chicken, which I may never want in the near future.....