Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Hi guys anyone have before and after pics? I've looked at so many on YouTube til it's crazy. I'm so excited to see what ill look like in 6 mths ;)

2013 is my year....SD 11/19 Methodist Hosp in NY

Hi guys anyone have before and after pics? I've looked at so many on YouTube til it's crazy. I'm so excited to see what ill look like in 6 mths ;)

2013 is my year....SD 11/19 Methodist Hosp in NY

There are a lot of before and afters on here. I just did a search on the forum for "after pictures," "6 months," "pics," etc. Search for those key words on here and there might even be a thread started by now for folks who are 6 months post-op. I hope this helps. :-)

i appreciate it this ' date=' I am 24 African American i will get my sleeve in about 3 hours i will keep everyone updated

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Congratulations Cali! I pray everything goes smoothly...please let us know how you're going when you're able to...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I have started working out. I sweat so much. My problem is I sweat in my head and my can hair gets so dry. I know that I can not wash my hair everyday but after I am done exercising it is extremely dry and it is shading bad. I have relaxed hair. Do you have any suggestions on what i can do about this. Please help!!

I have started working out. I sweat so much. My problem is I sweat in my head and my can hair gets so dry. I know that I can not wash my hair everyday but after I am done exercising it is extremely dry and it is shading bad. I have relaxed hair. Do you have any suggestions on what i can do about this. Please help!!

Braids or twists are an option

Use oils or take fish oil pills.

I usually wrap my hair if not it is braided even tho it itches extra bad after gym sweat its much more manageable and stays looking fresh. :)

Sent from my SCH-R720 using VST

Dr Abkin..Im having mine @JFK in Edison, U?

Hi All Tsmyle, We have the same surgeon, in edison NJ- I am scheduled for Nov 19th 2012- waiting for approval-!!

Hi All Tsmyle, We have the same surgeon, in edison NJ- I am scheduled for Nov 19th 2012- waiting for approval-!!

Hey Nikki1119! Wow... really?? Are you ready?? I just got my approval last week and Im scheduled for 12/3/12. Where in Jersey do you live??

YEs, i am so ready...but the butterflies are landing in my stomach..lol- we have the same exact date, 12/3 but due to scheduling at work i had to move it up to 11/19 cause it was a cancellation, JoAnn hooked me up. I have to get in before the end of the year for insurance to cover it at 100%, I live in the Amboys.

YEs, i am so ready...but the butterflies are landing in my stomach..lol- we have the same exact date, 12/3 but due to scheduling at work i had to move it up to 11/19 cause it was a cancellation, JoAnn hooked me up. I have to get in before the end of the year for insurance to cover it at 100%, I live in the Amboys.

Yeah, she's been trying to move mine up too! lol But December works best for me with my job. I live in Plainfield. Are you going or have you been to any of the support group meetings?? They have one on this Thursday, I went 2 months ago and Im going this week. They're pretty helpful and a good informal way to have your questions answered if you have any...