Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 wks post op - plateau?

I am two and a half weeks post op. I lost 15 pound the first week and a few days. Then I gained a pound - on a 300 calorie a day intake???? I have since lost that pound, now I'm stuck. What's up with this?

You will have to up your calorie intake to start losing.. I have a feeling that you are in starvation mode...I have heard that the optimal caloric intake is from 1000 to 1200. Some please correct me if I'm wrong.. I know that you are only two weeks out but you have to be patient.. Make sure you are getting your Water intake and work on the Protein intake..You will be losing before you know it..good luck

It's very common to have a stall around the second to third week. Don't worry about it, it will come off, just give it time. I'm at 11 days out and expecting the scale to stop moving anytime now, thats why ive decided to only weigh once a week, it stops me stressing out and i might not even notice i've stalled if it last less than a week.

Just keep doing what you're doing and everything will be fine.

I am about the same place you are. My total loss is 15 pounds and I have been "stuck" for a few days. I was exhausted this week after returning to work, but now no more excuses- I will walk on the treadmill everyday!!!

:rolleyes:

I am 12 days post op. I lost 21 pounds the first 9 days and I have been the same for 3 days. I have been averaging 800 calories a day and minimum of 60 grams of Protein. when I start full liquids on day 14, I guess the scale will move BUT I am NOT commplaining about 21 pounds LOL :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I am 12 days post op. I lost 21 pounds the first 9 days and I have been the same for 3 days. I have been averaging 800 calories a day and minimum of 60 grams of Protein. when I start full liquids on day 14, I guess the scale will move BUT I am NOT commplaining about 21 pounds LOL :rolleyes:

I am not alone!! :P I am almost at 3 weeks, I lost 25 lbs the first 2 weeks then the scale just stopped moving! I was thinking wither starvation mode since I get in about 600 or so calories a day - but Im working on that - or I thought it was because I wasnt doing my 30 min walking a day, even though I do walk a lot period. Maybe it is a little of both plus the 3 week stall. Either way I dont feel so bad anymore. :)

BTW lately I have only been getting in 30 g or so of Protein daily - is this a huge deal?

Hi, I'm new here but wanted to mention: day of surgery 304, 3 weeks out 280.

At three weeks out, switching to mushies, I realized I had slacked off of liquids. At a restaurant one night I hit the floor and suddenly there were two ambulances. They couldn't get my heart rate and my BP was 70/50. Problem: dehydration.

At the ER I got two bags of Fluid and gained 6 pounds overnight. I lost 3 in the next few days but hit a plateau for two whole weeks. Talk about depression, especially with my BFF, who was totally against the surgery, saying "I told you so" with her eyes and attitude.

So please everyone, please be compliant. Get your liquids in whatever you have to do. No excuses.

I thought it was just me. I am 18 days out and I lost 13 pounds the first 14 days and now I haven't lost anything. I am getting in about 600 calories a day and I know I am not getting in enough fluids. Water is making me gross out. I am so sick of just water. I need to find out how to start losing weight. Any ideas?