Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

question for DR C

Hello DR C:help:

You dont know me, but I went to your seminar and you preformed my Mothers surgery. I got my lap band on 6-8-06 (Just 10 days ago) . Because of insurance, I had to choose a different docter. I have had no issues at all, and did something really stupid. I took a few bites of pizza...now I am really overwhelmed with the guilt that I may have ruined my new band. It didnt make me sick, I am just worried that I may have a blockage or something. I took the dreaded bites yesterday, and although I feel fine today, I do have a really really "Full" sensation. (I have not really had that in the past) I can't tell if my guilt is just getting the best of me or what. I know what a great doc you are...please give me some advise.

Thanks DR C!

ps: I have learned my lesson, and will not touch another bite of food till I am allowed to!!

All I can tell you is that we have these rules for a reason, when you break the rules you are jeopardizing your health. But you know this already - you'll probably be ok but I seriously want to emphasize the fact that you need to follow the rules. A slipped band really sucks.

It might help to call and talk to my dietitian, Erin. Even though you aren't a patient of ours, she'd be happy to help you, and since she's a band patient herself she really knows how to counsel people through things like this. Feel free to call her tomorrow - 513.559.1222

Stay the course!

Dr. C

Cincinnati, Ohio

877.442.BAND

Thanks Doc C

I have learned my lesson! I guess I am ok..since I have not been sick..but believe me I have learned. I have talked with Erin before. My Mother's name is Pam. I meant your whole staff at a seminar and you when you did my Mom's surgery. Are there any signs I should look for that would indicate a slipped band or a blockage. And from now on....only mushy creamy, liquidy food (at least for 2-3 more weeks)

It is really great that you offer your experitise to people that have had the lapband! I already new you are great, and you proved that again!

If you get a chance, just let me know if there are any tell tale signs of a blockage or a slippage I should look for

Thanks again for all of your help!

Newbandster2006

I had my first fill on Monday and was banded on May22nd. The doc put in 1 1/2 cc's. I felt alot of heartburn and just about everything i ate came back up seemed like too much restriction although today I ate crazy bad and had no pain at all, really strenge i wonder whats goin on in there???

I think my weight lose is also real slow kinda disappointed with it.

May22-215

today-201