Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Being told I will fail with VSG

I received this email from a friend today. How fitting for this situation:

THE TONGUE CAN BE YOUR WORST ENEMY!

Your words, your dreams, and your thoughts have power to create conditions in your life.

What you speak about, you can bring about.

If you keep saying you can't stand your job, you might lose your job.

If you keep saying you can't stand your body, your body can become sick.

If you keep saying you can't stand your car, your car could be stolen or just stop operating.

If you keep saying you're broke, guess what? You'll always be broke.

If you keep saying you can't trust a man or trust a woman, you will always find someone in your life to hurt and betray you.

If you keep saying you can't find a job, you will remain unemployed.

If you keep saying you can't find someone to love you or believe in you, your very thought will attract more experiences to confirm your beliefs.

If you keep talking about a divorce or break up in a relationship, then you might end up with it.

Turn your thoughts and conversations around to be more positive and power packed with faith, hope, love and action.

Don't be afraid to believe that you can have what you want and deserve.

Watch your Thoughts, they become words.

Watch your Words, they become actions.

Watch your Actions, they become habits.

Watch your Habits, they become character.

Watch your Character, for it becomes your Destiny.

The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settle for.

Thought I would share this with you.

In the search for Me, I discovered Truth.

In the search for Truth, I discovered Love.

In the search for Love, I discovered GOD.

And in God, I have found Everything.

Be Blessed

Watch how your circumstances and situations begin to change when you change the way you speak.

Pass this on to as many people as you can, so they can change their lives, too.

'Life is like melted butter. ... .once things cool down, it can be reshaped!'

"Great minds discuss events. Average minds discuss ideas. Small minds discuss people."

...so know, it's up to YOU how you will fail or succeed. Certainly not what anyone else thinks. Good luck to you. :)

Miss Diva that was a great great set of uplifting quotes and so true. The sleeve was the only thing I have ever done in my entire like without "consulting" the toxic people in my life. I researched it of course but nobody was holding me back. The bottom line is no one but you knows the pain and the hold that food has in you and how much it has robbed you of the life you were meant to have. The real question is do you want to keep living for others and their approvals or do you want to do something for you. Also you might find like I have that food is like that old boyfriend you broke up with...after the sleeve HELL NO you are not taking him back but you are friends, amicable, this is the best analogy I can give it as to how I see food. If you keep living your life based on the opinions of others you might find yourself one bitter lady in that nursing home some day who wishes this and that had been different. Give yourself the life you deserve to have sleeve or no sleeve the answer is inside you not in others and not in this board you already know the answer. You will find so much support here whatever you choose. Don't they say opinions are like a** everybody has one? Someone tells me I can't do this and I can't do that I do it and I do it to the 100th degree just to get a little satisfaction. cry_smile.gifWhy are are so many people who cannot stand to see others getting it together?

They gain it all back by taking back the old toxic boyfriend....they begin with a little of this and a little of that then they find what "slides" well and they are off to Wendys for a large frosty and the cycle begins. Yesterday I was talking to a store clerk who says her friend had RNY and goes to Olive Garden eats more than she does and then gets to the parking lot and throws up. If there is a road there is a way to go back to old habits. I am always aware of this four weeks out I always question what is so good about X food anyway...and there is never a god answer. I don't care to be controlled by the fast food chains anymore or the frozen food section of the supermarket.

What I always wondered is if that the hormone that causes hunger is removed, then how can someone gain it all back? My mother in law had gastric bypass and lost 100 lbs and now is larger than in the beginning.. However, I never thought to ask her what is the real reason why it came back. If the hormone is gone, how is it possible to tollerate anything too much going down, ya know? And she never worked out much, only walked a bit, so im sure thats a reason. Do worry, it should go fine for u as long as u work out:)