Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Scheduled Jan. 20th (Next Week) No Passport Yet

Need to know if anybody has any information or advice on this topic...

O.K., so my surgery is next week on the 20th with Dr. Ramos Kelly. I am so excited! However, even though I expidited and overnighted my passports they have not arrived yet and neither has my mother's. We still have 7 days for them to arrive. However, my coordinator Sandy Johnston, assures me I can still get back and forth with a birth certificate and driver's license. She says she had done it many times.

O.K., so my surgery is next week on the 20th with Dr. Ramos Kelly. I am so excited! However, even though I expidited and overnighted my passports they have not arrived yet and neither has my mother's. We still have 7 days for them to arrive. However, my coordinator Sandy Johnston, assures me I can still get back and forth with a birth certificate and driver's license. She says she had done it many times.

What i have been told is you HAVE to have a passport book or passport card to enter Mexico since they changed the laws a while back im in the same boat your in i have surgery on the 26th of january but thank god i went 2 weeks ago to the post office to get my passport book and i expedited it and over night it took about 7 days to come to my house.

Hi! I work at an airline and you MUST have a passport to travel internationally . Yes a few years ago a valid ID and birth cert would work, but not anymore.

Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery! You're going to love your sleeve.

:)

Yes, I knew you needed it for sure to fly internationally. That's not what I'm doing but thanks for the response. I'm not worrying anymore because my mother just got her passport today which means mine should come 2moro! Whoo hoo!!! I'm so excited.

Keeping my fingers crossed that your passport will arrive tomorrow or soon! Best wishes on your journey - I just returned on Monday from Dr Kelly! AMAZING - that is all I can say about the care and attention that I received. They provided the best service I have ever received from any Doctor!

Let me know if you have any questions about Dr Kelly - I would be more than happy to answer!

Sending prayers and best wishes to you for your upcoming journey!

Kim

I'm so glad you had a great experience with Dr. Kelly. That makes me feel good. Please let's keep in touch since we are bascially starting this journey at the same time. No, my passport didn't arrive. My coordinator has assured me her driver will ge met over with passport, birth certificate, and proof that I applied already. She says it happens all the time. I'm gonna try it because I've already spent too much in plane tickets, hotel reservations, etc. I'm going come hell or high Water. LOL Wish me luck.

Hi-

I'm going to Dr. Kelly on the 10th of Feb. I see you went through Sandy. Was that Obesity International? I think they are linked with Successfully Slimmer which is who I've been talking to. Do you mind me asking what your fee is?

Thanks!

Karen

Hi ohmeohmy,

I am scheduled for feb 21st with Dr Kelly. Im going through sucessfully slimmer. Maybe we can be sleeve sisters.

thumbup.gif Ladies! Congrats on your decision to make a major change in your lives! Dr Kelly is an excellent and kind surgeon. Best wishes on your journey. Please keep us updated on your progress!

Hugs-

Kim