Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Interested in Lap Band, but surgeon recommended RNY over LapBand

Hello, everyone.

I've made an appointment for a consultation with a different doctor. His name is Dr. George Fielding and he's in practice with Dr. Christine Julie-Ren. They are located in Manhattan. After speaking with one of their office staff and explaining that the first surgeons I consulted with pushed the RNY over the lapband, I came away feeling so much more encouraged about my original decision to go with the lapband. They have a very positive outlook on the lapband, and if that's the road I choose, I want a doctor who will support my decision. I'm going to attend their seminar on July 6.

Hi Debi,

Dr. Fielding is a lapband patient himself. I'm from NY and I did a lot of research before I decided on the surgeon. I have to say, you're pretty lucky getting an appointment so quickly. I had two surgeons on my list who came very highly recommened. Dr. Ren and Dr. Fielding and Dr. Roslin at Lenox Hill. I first called Dr. Ren and I couldn't get an immediate appointment. I then called Lenox Hill hospital- Dr. Roslin. I got an appointment for a consult one week later. That's what landed me there.

I am thrilled with how the consult went and I'm scheduled for July 11, 2006 pending insurance authorization. You picked a great surgeon. I heard many wonderful things about that group. Good luck and let me know how it goes. I think you will be very happy. I'm glad you decided to look around. If you don't mind me asking, was the doctor who recommended RNY from NY?

Em1125

I put the cart before the horse. I don't have an appointment to meet with Dr. Fielding yet. First, I'm going to their conference on July 6. Then I was told I would have to see a psychologist and nutritionist. Then I can make an appointment for the consultation. I wonder how long it will take to get a face-to-face appointment. Dr. Ren does not accept my insurance, BC/BS, but Dr. Fielding will be accepting it as of July 1. The person I spoke to in their office was so nice. She told me she'd had lapband surgery herself. When I asked her if Dr. Fielding had as much experience with lapband surgery as Dr. Ren, she laughed. She said Dr. Fielding had proctored Dr. Ren. The surgeons I went to are in Westchester County. The group is Dr. Cerabona, Dr. Kaul & Dr. Yatco.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches