Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Cynthia-

I'm sorry to hear that about the films/surgery. Hopefully it will all get worked out asap. Is your boss keeping you from taking FMLA or whatever because lapband is considered an "elective" surgery? So what you are saying is you can't just take off and turn in your paperwork? What if you kept the surgery quiet and had it scheduled for a Thursday or something....then just call in sick on Thursday/Friday, and have Sat/Sun off? That would give you 4 days to recover...it would be cutting it close, but at least you could get it done and just not tell them.

Just an idea, as I had massive problems with my boss in my last job not wanting me to have the surgery period because she essentially didn't think it was necessary.

Also, don't fret about what we are discussing here. The whole point of this thread is for us Hoehn-ites to vent/discuss things that we have been needing to get off our chests, but don't necessarily have a forum to do it elsewhere. We have all grown much closer in doing this, and I know personally I have received so much comfort and support from these girls just when I thought I couldn't take anymore. Please feel free to post anytime.

Sorry you have to work on a Saturday...yuck!! Get some rest and have a good weekend too.

Love ya!

Robyn

Holli and I caught eachother on messenger tonight - chatted for a bit - she too had company during her unfill, and she too felt very uncomfortable with there being non-medical staff in the room during something we like to think of as a private procedure.

I don't see a connection between "advocate" and "fill". It served no purpose that I could see other than to make me feel uncomfortable enough that I opted not to ask Dr. H questions that I had been waiting nearly 2 months to ask. Can we get an "advocate" for privacy during our appointments? Or how about only having medical staff in the room when I have to lay there with my shirt under my neck and a 3" needle being probed around in my chest?

:eek: :fish: :tsk: I'm speechless...... I know I know.....Don't say it:p

Angela....wanna to go the chat room for a sec pretty please??

Last night was one of the best nights I can remember over the past year.
Wait -- you remember last night? :eek:

BTW - I got .5 cc today, and I'm already feeling it. I gurgled on my Protein drink (I've NEVER done that). I decided to do some homemade applesauce about an hour ago (I'll be up LATE tonight) and I'm feeling each and every bite. Not painful, just a weird pressure... like I have to burp or something. I'm assuming that's what it feels like when you're restricted enough that food sits in the pouch...?

Sure, which one? I'll head right over...

Wait -- you remember last night? :eek:

BTW - I got .5 cc today, and I'm already feeling it. I gurgled on my Protein drink (I've NEVER done that). I decided to do some homemade applesauce about an hour ago (I'll be up LATE tonight) and I'm feeling each and every bite. Not painful, just a weird pressure... like I have to burp or something. I'm assuming that's what it feels like when you're restricted enough that food sits in the pouch...?

YAY!!! DING DING DING DING DING!!!! She has restriction ladies and gentlemen!!:biggrin1: I'll be curious to see how things go in the next few weeks. It is so funny how you don't really know how to explain it until you actually experience it. Sounds like you are there though.

And YES...I remember last night quite well thank you very much;)

My take on the situation is this:

Personally, I was not bothered by her presence today at my fill. I also didn't have any questions that I had been wanting to ask Billie or Dr H.

I do agree, however, that for the sake of medical professionalism, her presence should be explained to patients, and ask for their consent. It's entirely nothing personal, I just see that as standard procedure. And although her presence did not make me feel uncomfortable, that doesn't mean that another patient might take issue with it.

Holy Moly Cate-

Every time I get on here to check the board, your ticker is changing DAILY! Boy do I miss those days:cry I'm SOOOOO jealous:biggrin1: Wow!!! Good Job Girl!

And boy are you doing a fantastic job of that!!

Okay guys...I'm gonna be bothering you all week this week. This is my week before hopefully what I can call my "last" surgery. Since I always put on 8-10 pounds after surgery due to them pumping you full of IV fluids plus the swelling related to the tissue trauma, I am dedicated to making the most of things this week.

I guess in order to do that I have to have an action plan.....I think I'm gonna do Protein shakes for Breakfast/Lunch and then a small hard Protein dinner (fish) each night. I'm gonna check in here each day and let yall know what I have had. It would be a little less depressing for me if I could make my ticker start moving again :confused: I'm also gonna jazzercise each day this week....I'm even gonna make myself go this afternoon (which I usually don't because I believe Sunday is the day of rest for me). Gotta get serious here....tired of feeling defeated, especially when I am the only one allowing myself to feel that way:think (Can you tell I have been talking with Sabopathy again:p ) So hopefully you all won't get annoyed with me....I'll just try and do it for 4 days...maybe I'll shrink my liver a bit too (ooh the perks of deprivation:speechles )

Robyn I understand your feelings. I'm already ready to see Sabapathy again this Friday. I was supposed to go see him this week, but I didn't because I thought he'd be at SG blah blah blah. I was really feeling overwhelmed a couple of weeks ago and fell into some bad habits... mainly overeating. I still don't let myself eat carbs (because then I know I'd be really, Really, REALLY off the wagon), but it's gotten harder for me to not eat a lot. I've started thinking about food all day every day. I don't have restriction. I'm going to call Dr. H's office and see if I can get a fill before I go (maybe on the day I go... :confused:)

Anyway, even though Im losing, that doesn't matter in my head, where I hear "Eat cheese. Eat nuts. Eat tuna. Eat turkey. Eat chicken. Eat cheese." all day long, not "You're losing weight, don't blow it, don't eat when you're not hungry!"

Robyn - just remember that as far as the scale goes, the jazzercise might well "mask" fat loss, because of muscle mass, because of your increased Water intake, etc. Make sure you drown yourself in fluids, b/c your body won't let go of them until it's confident that there will be more coming in. :confused:

I almost PBed my bfast this morning. (Go figure - it was the same thing I ate lastnight w/ no trouble at all). Uhhhhh. This is the only time I've gone beyond "stuck", that I didn't have to PB, but it was DARN close. I was standing at the sink, spitting the slime out into paper towels, just waiting for the wretches to come, knowing the bite was going to have to come back up... man, I got away by the skin of my teeth. *phew*

Weighed this morning at a consistent 303. Last night the scale actually read 299.7. So I think another week or two and I'll be there...

Cate, you're doing great! Low carbs seem to agree with you in a lot of different ways

Robyn - that's what we're here for. And if you're having a hard day, give one of us a call. Did I PM you my contact numbers? When you're around people who are sharing your struggles, an hour can do an amazing amount of good! If you get to a "point" - call me, and we'll meet up for a bit over some coffee or tea.

Thanks Angela :confused: It at least helps me know I can't go all the way over the edge without carbs.

I have also noticed that my PCOS is getting better - my skin has cleared up a lot. Just something I realized.

Ok, I'm going to go exercise and get it over with! :P