Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Opinion...2 weeks before surgery..doc office

I am having my surgery out of state. I've been speaking with the surgeons office for about 6 months now via phone and via email. The first girl--AWESOME! Got transferred to a "patient coordinator" about 4 months in. She IS HORRIBLE! Doesn't return phone calls in a timely manner, rarely has answers--"will call you back"--takes days to call back w/ answer or I have to call again. Before Christmas I called to ask, "Am I supposed to follow any kind of diet pre-surgery? My surgery is on the 20th of Jan." She said, "I will get you the diet plan." Well, here it is Jan. 3rd, still no diet plan. Now, the next thing I'm getting pissed about, my first appointment is on Jan 18th at their office. Nobody has told me a time. Am I wrong to need a time 2 weeks before my visit? I'm kinda on this 'I refuse to do any more legwork' kick and not call. Which is stupid, I know. I guess I'm kinda feeling like "I'm paying you $10,000, you should be treating me like a frickin' queen". This money is coming out of my own pocket. Not to mention there are 2 of us doing this surgery (my husband, too) and that will total $20,000! HELLO!!!

So, I already know what the answer is,CALL. But I'm feeling kinda pissy about it. Wanted to vent. Last tantrum before surgery. LOL (hardly, I'm sure I'll have more)

BTW...I HAVE complained about her to the first girl and she said "wow, I can't believe you're having issues with her, let me check into it". Oh and also, what kind of professional says to a question, "I don't know, I won't even lie to you, I don't know." UMMM you won't even lie to me??? Real nice. (second girl obviously)

call and ask for the office manager. A practice manager has no way to address issues if she/he does not know about them.

Keep calling them! I had an insurance mix up that delayed my surgery. My insurance denied at the last minute (come to find out it was because the wrong hospital was submitted which was out of my network). I called everyday, sometimes twice a day. We finally figured it out and all was good. I hate that you are having to go through all of that, but the sleeve is soooo worth it!

I called -and I asked for the office mgr. (who i found out is the surgeon's son)

He looked up my file, and surprise, he said he has no notes on us for appt dates. Nice. He's going to call me back.

I called -and I asked for the office mgr. (who i found out is the surgeon's son)

He looked up my file, and surprise, he said he has no notes on us for appt dates. Nice. He's going to call me back.

Wow... just WOW!!! I was going to suggest calling her Supervisor as well - and I'm glad you did. I'm sure he'll figure it out. I hardly believe they would want someone so inept handling their prospective clients for them.

IMO, there are so many folks out there right now, desperately looking for work, and you have deadbeats like this holding one.

I hope you get that resolved, and of course I wish you and Hubby a very successful surgery!!!

Inept is totally the word...doesn't seem to give a shit. At first, I thought maybe she was busy or new, but nope, just inept. I totally thought the same thing..why would they want someone like that speaking with clients? The first girl, I told the office mgr, was awesome! When he calls me back, I will be sure to say, she is not someone you want talking with clients. Your practice is reflected through her and she is making you look bad. I've questioned staying with you because I wondered if the surgeon knew she was like this and just didn't care.

If he calls me back and says we have to reschedule, I swear to GOD, they have no idea what pissed off sounds like yet. They will NOT eff with my date. :) I think the stress is getting to me. LOL

Wow... just WOW!!! I was going to suggest calling her Supervisor as well - and I'm glad you did. I'm sure he'll figure it out. I hardly believe they would want someone so inept handling their prospective clients for them.

IMO, there are so many folks out there right now, desperately looking for work, and you have deadbeats like this holding one.

I hope you get that resolved, and of course I wish you and Hubby a very successful surgery!!!