Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I woke up this morning at 180.2 pounds. Which I love. My goal is to be 175 pounds. I currently wear a size 12. I love myself right now. I don't feel fat anymore which is great. But.

Im scared that I may continue to loose weight and look to thin and sickly. Has anyone had this problem or a similar one. My husband thinks I should stop where I am. But I just want to see if 175 will get me into a size 10. But that's it for me.

Please help.......

Maintenance was tricky for me. My goal weight was 150lbs, and today I'm sitting at 127lbs. I do not look too thin, or sickly. I fought to get into maintenance. I added high calorie, healthy fat food options, and had to cut cardio out of my workout to get my weight loss to stop.

Your body will settle where it's happy. I know that's not a lot of help, but it's something I had to come to terms with. I never imagined being a size 2, and was content at 150lbs.

I will tell you that body has changed 10 times over the last 8-9 months while in maintenance. My fat has redistributed several times, and I definitely do not look sick. I am only 5'2 so 125-129lbs is actually the high end of the BMI chart for me, but I feel too thin at 119lbs which I was at for a month or so.

You'll have to play with your food intake, and adjust it to get the losing to stop. It took a solid 4-5 months for me to get the right amount of calories and carbs in to get the weight loss to stop. I had to incorporate 100% juice because I could not physically consume enough food. It's easier now obviously, but I still have to eat 1500-1800 calories a day to maintain my current weight.

I added avocados, Peanut Butter, and nuts to my daily intake to get the weight loss to stop.

Thanks so much for the advice. I'm 5'6" and I think 175 will be a good look for me. You are a great weight for your height.

I agree your body settles in where it is comfortable for the most part, unless you do not work on staying healthy. Tiffy's sleeve is smaller bc she had complications from a band and had to have a second surgery, right Tiff? But most people don't seem to have this issue of maintaining. I totally panicked about it when I saw her weight plummeting and I was really worried I would not be able to stop losing weight.

I'm 5'1" and I teeter totter bt 146-149 at 11 months out. My goal was 128 bc that is what my doctor recommended for my height. But I wear an 8P or 10P (mostly 8P) and I'm happy with that. I'm still a lil chunky but I didn't lose my breasts toooo much at this size so I'm curvy but not obese ( I wear a C/D still, where I was an F or so). Like you, my husband likes me at this weight and is reluctant for me to lose much more. But he can see now I'm maintaining.

I'm 47 years old, so I was afraid if I lost down to 100 lbs I'd start looking sickly, although in high school I was mostly 102 lbs and looked good and thought I was fat (!??).

I had at 34 boughie, and that was the biggest my doctor would use bc he says 32 or 34 tend to produce the most satisfaction in patients weight loss. In hind sight, okay Dr. Scarborough, you were totally right on. I am satisfied that I can maintain, but also pretty sure I will lose another 10 lbs slowly and stop. I probably need to change my goal bc I think my goal is more like 136-138 now. Over Christmas I ate so much, so often kind of grazing, so many parties and things - and I gained like 2 lbs which will probably come off this week.

So if your body wants to be a lil smaller than 180 maybe just try to lose it slowly and see where you end up. Tiffy has proved you can control it, but keep in mind it just may have be a little bit harder for her bc of her super lil' sleeve.

I'm sure you look great.

Hi Von - I've been figuring out maintaining for two months now. I'm 8 lbs below my goal of 150. I'm 5'6" and do not look too thin. I am at a healthy BMI and am wearing a size 8, which was REALLY my goal! ^_^ I never thought stopping would be the difficult part, but like Tiffykins said, it is tricky! My husband was also a bit worried, but it is not a huge deal, you will get the hang of it, and if you are wanting to stop losing at 175, you may lose a little below, but that will give you a cushion to go up and down a little, which is normal. I bounce up and down a couple of lbs weekly. Yes, I weigh daily, I want to keep a handle on things, losing OR gaining. Have you spoken to your surgeon and/or dietitan about a diet for maintaining? Also, did he set a goal for you? Just curious, my doctor is the one who set the goal for me, which put me at a healthy BMI, I really wanted the pant size 8 and 145. Congrats....it feels good, doesn't it?!!!!

I woke up this morning at 180.2 pounds. Which I love. My goal is to be 175 pounds. I currently wear a size 12. I love myself right now. I don't feel fat anymore which is great. But.

Im scared that I may continue to loose weight and look to thin and sickly. Has anyone had this problem or a similar one. My husband thinks I should stop where I am. But I just want to see if 175 will get me into a size 10. But that's it for me.

Please help.......