Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone seeing Dr. Ahuja?

I know there are a few people here, but no idea how to tell! I'm seeing Dr. Ahuja and my surgery is scheduled for January 17th. I've been talking (mostly on Facebook) with some other people in the area and it's been really nice to keep in touch!

I mostly attend the evening support group, but I've been able to make a couple Monday afternoons.

I'm seeing Dr.Ahuja as well. My surgery date is January 18th. I have gone to the Monday afternoon support group meetings. I really need to attend some more.

I'm seeing Dr.Ahuja as well. My surgery date is January 18th. I have gone to the Monday afternoon support group meetings. I really need to attend some more.

We'll be in the hospital at the same time. Good luck with your surgery! Are you scheduled for the pre-op group tomorrow?

My wife had her sleeve on Nov. 22. She complained of shoulder pain after about a week. Everyone(Nurse, Dietitian, DR. ) said it was gas( WRONG) DR. Ahuja MISSED her follow up appointment. On Dec. 22 She had very several pain she called the office they told her to drive about 50 mile to Herrin. When we got their their WAS NO DOCTOR! Dr. Ahuja left the country for about 6 weeks never informed his patients or had any back-up. She had to have emergency surgery by a NON- Bariatric surgeon to save her life. She was in ICU for 4 or 5 days in Herrin ( they are not prepared for such emergencies I ask) she was then transfered to Barnes in St. Louis. We came home last night Jan. 8th. She still has a drain coming out of her side is in a lot of pain and has never received a word from Dr. Ahuja.

The ambulance driver from herrin said he had taken about 7 or 8 other patients of his to Barnes. The place has only been open for about 6-8 months so you do the math. My wife went to many support meetings. She did everything ask to the tee. She lost around 30 before surgery and never eat anything wrong. She was at his office on a Monday and in surgery to save her life tues night.

I beg anyone considering using this man to reconsider. If you have any Q you are more than happy to email me. zamphire8@gmail.com

I will met with anyone to help save them from this bad doctor. ( I am not against this surgery just this place and doctor)

I'm very sorry that your wife had such a bad experience. You said that it wasn't gas, may I ask what the complication was that sent her to BJ in St Louis? I do know that there are risks with the surgery and complications do come up. I know that the surgery is not a guarantee for everyone, but I also know that a person can do fine. I actually started this process in March of 2009, so New Life Weight Loss Center has been open for at least 2 years.

How is your wife doing now? Has her problems been resolved?

She had a leak on the staple line (or so the non-bari surgeon told me). which caused infection in her abdomen. She is still draining infection now ( tube coming out of her side).

The weight loss center has been open but not with that Dr. Ahuja.

The nurse( in the hospital) told me that they were still training for bariatric patients. I did not realize that if we had problems their would be no one to help. I guess you can just HOPE it goes well and that you don't need anything after the surgery.

You should ask what happens if your not here Dr. Ahuja will you notify me? Who if anyone will fill in for you. Ask how many he has preformed exactly and what HIS complication rate is.

The gas pain you feel right after surgery is common but you will not leave the hospital with it. If you have pain in your left shoulder it is probably something pressing against your diaphragm witch refers pain to your left shoulder This is common Knowledge at Barnes but not at Dr. Ahuja's. Knowing this would have saved my wife from days in ICU and weeks in the hospital and a scar from the middle of your breast to below her belly button. Placing a drain early would have prevented all of this. But as their was NO DR. around it went to far.

My wife started at 298 she was 267 ( the shakes for six weeks) at surgery and is 240 now. not that weight really matters when your just hoping she lives.

It is possible to be very nice and incompetent at the same time. Thats how I would sum-up Dr. Ahuja's office.

I wish you luck and I will pray that everything goes well for you because if it doesn't that pretty much all your going to have.

She had a leak on the staple line (or so the non-bari surgeon told me). which caused infection in her abdomen. She is still draining infection now ( tube coming out of her side).

The weight loss center has been open but not with that Dr. Ahuja.

The nurse( in the hospital) told me that they were still training for bariatric patients. I did not realize that if we had problems their would be no one to help. I guess you can just HOPE it goes well and that you don't need anything after the surgery.

You should ask what happens if your not here Dr. Ahuja will you notify me? Who if anyone will fill in for you. Ask how many he has preformed exactly and what HIS complication rate is.

The gas pain you feel right after surgery is common but you will not leave the hospital with it. If you have pain in your left shoulder it is probably something pressing against your diaphragm witch refers pain to your left shoulder This is common Knowledge at Barnes but not at Dr. Ahuja's. Knowing this would have saved my wife from days in ICU and weeks in the hospital and a scar from the middle of your breast to below her belly button. Placing a drain early would have prevented all of this. But as their was NO DR. around it went to far.

My wife started at 298 she was 267 ( the shakes for six weeks) at surgery and is 240 now. not that weight really matters when your just hoping she lives.

It is possible to be very nice and incompetent at the same time. Thats how I would sum-up Dr. Ahuja's office.

I wish you luck and I will pray that everything goes well for you because if it doesn't that pretty much all your going to have.

Thank you for your fast reply! I looked your email address up on Facebook and added your wife as a friend. If you'd like to add me yourself, my address is lisa@momproject.org (I know some people don't like their spouses as friends with the opposite sex, so I didn't add you myself, no offense, just didn't want to cause issues!)

I've heard of leaks and read about all the signs and symptoms. I'm so sorry nobody noticed them. I did know Dr. Ahuja was gone, but I'm surprised they didn't tell those who were going through surgery. He's back now. I'm actually supposed to have my surgery Monday, but I will ask him about immediate complications. Did your wife have the leak test on Day 2? Did she stay on Clear liquids for 2 weeks then purees for 2 weeks? Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to cover my bases! I do appreciate your honesty. I actually asked about a JP drain and was told no. I wonder if the policy will now change.

I hope your wife continues to improve!