Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Years Eve Drinking

I know were not suppose to be drinking ya ya ya. wink.gif I used to drink a lot so these past 7 weeks have been so hard with family get together's and the holidays without having a drink, well I did cheat a bit. I had a half of a shot of chocolate cake, yummy. Now for New Years Eve I'm having a drink it's a must do type thing. But what is kinda safe and not to harsh? I will not be having my typical tequilla or rum only because I really don't want something that harsh in my tummy, I know so then why drink right? Well I'm toasting in the New Year because I'm so over this year so any advice on whats kinda gentle on the tummy would greatly be appreciatedbiggrin.gif

I did rum and diet coke (left it to go flat first) with lots of ice when I was 2 and a bit months out. My doctor said it was OK, he said a glass of wine would be fine as well, I like having rose with a lot of ice, for some reason I don't enjoy white or red that much anymore.

White wine is a safe bet, less acidic than reds. Vodka mixed with Water and crystal light seems to be a popular one for people that choose to drink early out. Vodka cranberry, or rum and juice of some sort. I would stick with clear liquors, no bubbly that early out.

I always have Rum with some sort of juice and peach schnapps and oh god its a crowd pleaser at our parties, hee hee. Yes Tiff, I was thinking of like a white wine or something like Arbor Mist would be safe. My Dr is beyond strict he says no drinking for life, haa haa ya right. I know people with the bypass and drink so umm ya. Thanks ladies

I was retarded and had my first couple of drinks only 2 weeks after surgery. (red wine and margarita) I felt fine although I'm a little nervous about it now. I'll probably have a drink tomorrow as well but will try and stick to something "easy" like vodka mixed with crystal lite.

Other than empty calories and inhibiting your ability to make sound eating decisions, alcohol doesn't seem to be harmful to the sleeve (even an early sleeve) right?

See even though I want to drink I am a lil bit scared so one glass will probably do me. When I say I was a big drinker I was. My mom and I would have the big bottle of tequila every other day, yup us woman in the family can drink, even my hubby who can pound beers couldn't believe it. But thanks for the replies I will have one glass of something light, prolly wine and leave it at that, well unless my mother in law insists on me taking a shot of chocolate cake biggrin.gif and you don't say no to ur mother in law, lol