Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a question for all the girls out there... after you were sleeved, were your periods normal?

I'm 6 weeks out , and I had a normal period 2 weeks out from surgery, and I am usually pretty regular thanks to birth control pills, but I stopped those back in August (because of surgery) I was supposed to start 4 days ago, and nothing... sooo as you can assume i'm nervous. I am supposed to start a new birth control method (nuva-ring). I am getting the symptoms, back pain, cramps.. but nothing...

Hello...

I am 5 1/2 mths out and my lil 'friend' is still out of synch... it is a pain and I am hoping they get more regular when more weight has been lost...

Your cycles will be off during your losing stage. My cycles are just now getting to normal 28 day cycles and I'm 18 months out. I've been charting for the last year, and my cycles were going anywhere from 26-34 days, but the last 2 months, I've had normal 28 day cycles.

It was super random during my rapid weight loss. Be careful with Nuvaring. I know 2 sleevesters, and 1 RNY'er that are now expecting within 6 months of their surgery date after going on Nuvaring.

I was advised to use back up bc during the rapid weight loss phase if I went on birth control. It's not about absorbing or not absorbing the bc, it's because of the crazy hormone flux we experience during that time.

I was late about 5 days late my first cycle after surgery. But I hear it's common after surgery.

i had my period for 2 months straight, starting from day of surgery. i finally went to the dr because i was really weak and dragging. i got all sorts of tests done and was put on 50,000 icu Vitamin D once a week for 2 months. she also gave me birth control to help regulate me. well, now i dont get a period! so, yes, i would say that the body goes through so much, that it messes up teh cycle.

I use to have the darnedest times with birth control pills. Nothing would regulate my period. But once I had my second kid, my gyno suggested I get a IUD put in and I can't say enough good things about it! I haven't had a period in 17 months!!!!! And this past Monday I was sleeved and my gyno came in and tied my tubes but since I have had such great success with the IUD she left it in!

I do the depo shot, thank God for that! No periods, just a shot once every 3 months... I was horrible at remembering to take the pills anyways.

I got my period about 10 days early and about a day after getting out of the hospital. It ticked me off too, because I had intentionally planned my surgery date at the middle of my cycle so I would not have to "deal" with recovery and that time. Ugh. But I must say I am not on any type of hormone, pill, patch, etc. and my periods are completely 100% normal since being sleeved. Except for getting cheated on that extra week back in Oct. I think it is more common for them to be out of whack, so I don't know exactly what I'm doing but they were normal before and after the sleeve, so maybe I'm just lucky?B)

I got my period five days early on the day before my surgery. It was uncomfortable and a bit embarrassing especially since my ICU nurse was a guy. I was glad to go to my own room without the catheter!

I'm almost 4 months out and my periods are VERY different -- granted, I'm almost 47 blink.gif BUT, my periods look different, are shorter, and come earlier. Pretty soon, I'll just have one period, and that will be it :lol: Seriously, mine are different too and I'm getting up there toward menopause . . .

My period came like a week early the day AFTER surgery (not cool) and the next period was about 10 days EARLY! . . . So more frequent. Hopefully they go back to normal soon.

It is VERY common for out of whack periods during weight loss. Mine seem to come about every 25 days instead of every 28 - and I'll begin spotting a little bit even a week before the actual Aunt Flo comes to visit. It stinks because I feel like I'm always having to have a supply on stock everywhere I go, when I shouldn't even have to be thinking about it...

I do believe Mommy2Girls that yes, you're one in a million!!! :lol:

I have an IUD and love it, but I still get my period. They are very light ans short though. The hospital bariatric lady told me that bc of rapid weightloss an the estrogen stored in fat, menstruating feamles become hyper fertile. I'm done having kids so I told SO he needs to get snipped just in case!!!!!!

It is VERY common for out of whack periods during weight loss. Mine seem to come about every 25 days instead of every 28 - and I'll begin spotting a little bit even a week before the actual Aunt Flo comes to visit. It stinks because I feel like I'm always having to have a supply on stock everywhere I go, when I shouldn't even have to be thinking about it... I do believe Mommy2Girls that yes, you're one in a million!!! :lol:
LOL Irene! My claim to fame...:D :thanks: <BR><BR>SFO, my DH is snipped (hence me not being on any type of BC at all) so maybe that has something to do with it. I too, hear that women are more fertile post-op, :preggers: losing weight, etc. so I'm glad we have been done for years.