Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Did Everyone Do?

Hi group! So I'm just curious. . how did everyone do over Christmas? I did good. . stayed the same weight, didn't gain or lose. I ate whatever, not hugh amounts mind you. . . but at 1 year out I'm used to it. . i did eat fudge and cheesecake though and let me tell you it was yum. . . ginger snaps and some truffles too. . . of course alcoholic beverages and just had a good time. . . Christmas was really fun this year. . . more fun then any other year. . don't know why we did the exact same stuff. . . church for Christmas Eve, celebrating after church, Christmas morning open presents, start cooking for dinner, eat and graze all day long, had guests coming and going . . it was just really nice. . . and NO weight gain. . . loved that part!

My Christmas was very laid back since I was just sleeved on Dec 1st. I did have my first meat in a casserole on Christmas day and reached "onederland" on Christmas morning. I am looking forward to next year when I am at goal weight and be in much better health to Celebrate with friends and family.

My Christmas was very laid back since I was just sleeved on Dec 1st. I did have my first meat in a casserole on Christmas day and reached "onederland" on Christmas morning. I am looking forward to next year when I am at goal weight and be in much better health to Celebrate with friends and family.

what a fabulous gift you rec'd! You got into onerland and you gave yourself the gift of health. . . how wonderful is that! Congratulations! You keep up the excellant work. . .

I can't wait for Christmas 2011 (a little premature right now, I know!), where I'll be sleeved and my life will be so different!

This was my last Christmas as a big girl...

I had been sick for a week, I could barely speak and had the great idea to go clubbing on the 25th, which made me sicker and took away my voice completely.

The food wasn't a problem (we have a very small family with no cooking skills) but the alcohol on the night of the 25th! We stayed out all night (I am 30 but I really act like a teenage girl sometimes), like at the old times where nobody had a bf/gf, I talked to everyone at the club and people were telling me how funny I was... Well, I'd be seriously worried if I couldn't be fun after 5 gin&tonics (and here we do not measure the quantity of alcohol for a cocktail, the barman just makes your glass full. It's really worth the 5 euros!)!!!

But all I could think about was: this is the last time I go dancing this large. No more Christmas parties like this. No more fat&fun girl...

Well, I did indulge some on Christmas. My sleeve is still super tight so I was only able to eat a few bites here and there. I snuck on the scale yesterday and it shows I've lost, so I guess it didn't hurt any - however that probably means I could've lost more had I not eaten all that junk.

Oh well, Christmas only comes once a year and for once I felt semi-normal. For me, that keeps my stress level down and as long as I'm not stressing, I'm losing.

I love me sleeve!!!

First Christmas I didn't gain what I had lost during the year and then some. I actually lost a few...It's truly a miracle!

I maintained my weight. I've been hovering closer to 127-129 for the last couple of months, and it's all related to what and how I'm eating and drinking. Parties have been happening since the week before Halloween. I've been partying more, and been more social these last couple of months, so I know why I'm not down to 123 anymore. I'm okay with all of this mentally. It's the physical changes that my body still make that have me irked. I hate carrying what fat I have left in my stomach. Knowing what the problem is, and taking the appropriate action to make changes are 2 different things. I know what works, it's unassing the recliner, and sitting the rum/cokes or wine glasses down that is the culprit.

Since Halloween, my social drinking has been amped up, and it's okay. I know that it's not helping me lose, but I'm not gaining so I'm cool with it.

I'm still in a size 2, my fat has redistributed right back to my lower torso, and I now have a walking/running partner, and we're starting on Monday morning. It's just 2 days a week, but I'll be riding a bike 1/2 mile to and from the track, and then we'll power walk. I'm digging out my ankle weights, and going to get back into a routine. I know I've said this over and over for the last couple of months, but have slacked off AGAIN. So, now that I'm hellbent on getting plastics, I think I need to get my body prepared and lose as much fat as possible. My brazil butt dvds should be here soon, and I can do those on off days.

Hey all...

Christmas was fab this year in the Cooper household!! I gave myself three days 'off' whereby I didn't worry about what I ate and enjoyed a treat... but ... i wasn't stuffed to the point of feeling sick and I didn't go mad! I lost a poung Christmas day morning... and hoping to do the same next Sat but, if i don't that is ok too...

I just like the feeling of being in control now...!