Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 weeks out today

Just a quick update, or not so quick :lol: . I am 12 weeks post-op today. I lost another 4 pounds this week, even with the yummy Christmas treats! I weighed in at 286.0 today!!!

I let myself eat anything I wanted Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I just decided I wasn't going to deprive myself and not beat myself up and eat some Cookies and other yummy stuff. And I didn't go too crazy on the treats, but I did eat a lot of "bad" stuff. I had potatoes covered in chesse, bacon, stuffing, cinnamon rolls, chocolate, etc.. So now I am back on track and feeling fine. I am not really craving the junk, luckily! I started walking yesterday and hopefully I keep it up. Hopefully all that food doesn't catch up with me next week, but if it does, thats okay.

So, I have lost 70 pounds in 12 weeks :) :) That's an average of 5.83333333..... pounds a week, LOL! Not too bad. And that makes 83 pounds total from my highest pre-op weight!! (about 3 weeks before surgery). I am feeling pretty awesome. Most of my family at Christmas said how great I looked, but they all know I had surgery. So, I am not sure if they were just saying it, but I thanked them anyway :)

My hair is starting to fall out, but I will deal with it. I might have to invest in some hats. I have a big head, so I never was really a hat person.

Last week was my last meeting with the nutritionist. I didn't know that was going to be our last meeting!!! I think that is so early to stop seeing her! She said she thinks I will have a 6 month check up with the doctor and she will come to that. I just feel like I need someone still to help me and to have someone that I know is going to check up on me ( I can't think of the word right now). I didn't tell her about the throwing up, I just couldn't. I might call my old therapist to see if I can start seeing her again. I know it will probably just get worse if I do nothing. I just feel so alone now! I am glad I have you guys here!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!! I did! I got lots of awesome gifts! A new Droid X phone, a sewing machine, gift cards to get new clothes :) , and a trip to Hawaii in May!!! Wooohoo. Hopefully I will be down a lot more pounds by May so I can really enjoy my trip!

Wow Sarah!!! You are truly phenomal!!

Good on you for accepting that we live in a real world, where it is OK to enjoy the Holidays with our families. Except, with a tiny sleeve, it's just not all that easy to eat even tantamount to what we would have pre-sleeve. Then once Christmas is over, IT'S OVER! Time to get back to losing and doing the right things.

I am super happy for you!!

I'm sure your family truly meant their compliments. You have lost a lot of weight already, and I'm positive they notice. Just roll with it lady, and enjoy your moment. You have gone through a lot to get to where you are, and being proud of that makes the journey all the more enjoyable!

Congratulations to you on all of your success to date - and may you continue!!