Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Be CAREFUL on the Ice out there

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Today I am 12 days out. Feeling good, but it seems so strange that I just can't eat.... they told me that would happen, and I guess that's why I did this, but it still seems kind of happily odd to me. I keep waiting to wake up from a dream, and find myself like I used to be, head in a big bag of cheese popcorn.< /span>

But my real message here is... all you other new post-ops WATCH YOUR STEPS out there!! Go onto the LL BEAN website and order some of those cheap "ice grippers" that snap onto your shoes, we had a big ice and snow storm today and I had to go out in it and hit a patch of ice and just went sailing across it, like I had skates on.

God's grace was with me though, and I managed not to fall. I was panicky like crazy.... if I had fallen on the hard concrete, I would have definitely done some damage to my healing stomach...

So take a less from the dancing elephant here, and PLEASE BE CAREFUL on the ice!!!

P.S. I am so not selling anything, but here's the LL Bean ice grippers link,.... they're cheap, and cute: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/43355?pi=732928&catalog_id=NJ&ddkey=http:LLBSearchDispatch (the ugly black ones you can get now, but gotta wait till after Xmas for these pink ones)

Be careful out there!

Cinderella

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Today I am 12 days out. Feeling good, but it seems so strange that I just can't eat.... they told me that would happen, and I guess that's why I did this, but it still seems kind of happily odd to me. I keep waiting to wake up from a dream, and find myself like I used to be, head in a big bag of cheese popcorn.< /span>

But my real message here is... all you other new post-ops WATCH YOUR STEPS out there!! Go onto the LL BEAN website and order some of those cheap "ice grippers" that snap onto your shoes, we had a big ice and snow storm today and I had to go out in it and hit a patch of ice and just went sailing across it, like I had skates on.

God's grace was with me though, and I managed not to fall. I was panicky like crazy.... if I had fallen on the hard concrete, I would have definitely done some damage to my healing stomach...

So take a less from the dancing elephant here, and PLEASE BE CAREFUL on the ice!!!

P.S. I am so not selling anything, but here's the LL Bean ice grippers link,.... they're cheap, and cute: http://www.llbean.co...BSearchDispatch (the ugly black ones you can get now, but gotta wait till after Xmas for these pink ones)

Be careful out there!

Cinderella

Thank you, I actually fell on my back hard 3 weeks ago and broke a rib. Very painful, especially when coughing. I hadn't checked the weather and there was glare ice on the concrete driveway where I went to get the newspaper. I'm glad I only broke a rib tho'. It could have been an arm or a leg or worse because I sure went down hard and fast! No fun. Now I am very careful where I step.

You could just do what I do.....Live in Phoenix. 79 degrees yesterday. A COLD day is 60. smile.gif

glad you are both ok. Sorry about the rib sharold.

Thank you, I actually fell on my back hard 3 weeks ago and broke a rib. Very painful, especially when coughing. I hadn't checked the weather and there was glare ice on the concrete driveway where I went to get the newspaper. I'm glad I only broke a rib tho'. It could have been an arm or a leg or worse because I sure went down hard and fast! No fun. Now I am very careful where I step.

OMG!!! that's terrible, I am so sorry for you. I broke my rib once a long time ago and I think it hurt just to breathe, realllly painful.

The ice is still there, but somebody tossed a handful of salt pellets on it today I see, I am avoiding it like the plague. HATE this cold weather.

You could just do what I do.....Live in Phoenix. 79 degrees yesterday. A COLD day is 60. smile.gif

glad you are both ok. Sorry about the rib sharold.

MAN ON MAN, am I jealous of you!!! Also because one of my best friends lives in Phoenix now... I used to live there once, they have the most glorious winters you can imagine. Well...thanks for breaking my heart!!!

Cinderella