Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair finally growing back in, but with a catch...

About 6 months post-op I started "shedding" hair - as it's so delicately put by some sources. Now at 11 months post-op it's finally starting to grow back in. The only complaint is that it looks like all the new hair is GRAY!!!

OK, I'm no spring chicken I admit. I'll be 50 in a few months. But all of a sudden my "roots" look like the pure driven snow and not mostly pepper with a little salt. It looks like the Age Fairy sprinkled magic silver dust all over the top of my head. And those of you in my age group know that gray hair is sometimes curly and coarse, which does not match well with the rest of my straight and silky locks - ha!

Looks like I'm just going to have to start buying the Clairol Nice and Easy in bulk from now on. For those of you wishing your hair would grow back in and are older like me - be careful what you wish for!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh no ! ! ! I've got tons of new growth, but it's growing in stick straight. I had semi-curly, full body, wavy hair pre-op. Now, not so much ! ! !

You still look smokin' hot regardless of what the hair fairy is sprinkling on on your head.

My dad has white hair and I think it is beautiful. Now I know I am in the minority but I think white hair is soooo pretty and can not wait for mine to come in. I call them sparkle-ies. I highlight my hair and try to get as close to my gray as I can get so there is not silver and gold going on up there.

Texas -I am glad your hair is coming in and sorry it is not your first choice of color.

Sorry about the gray but then I'd rather than none...you know what Tiff said about stick straight...I have that but I have not had the sleeve it started when I began taking Biotin it looks like a chia pet or something but I am not going to complain, surgery now on the 15th so I will leave the complaints to 4 months post-op-LOL

Well I know it is not fun, believe me though I was blessed with my grandmothers thick fast growing hair, she also passed on the family gene of greying early. I started greying at about 31 and so it keeps me on my toes and keeps my hair stylist in business.

Glad it is coming back for you though!

About 6 months post-op I started "shedding" hair - as it's so delicately put by some sources. Now at 11 months post-op it's finally starting to grow back in. The only complaint is that it looks like all the new hair is GRAY!!!

OK, I'm no spring chicken I admit. I'll be 50 in a few months. But all of a sudden my "roots" look like the pure driven snow and not mostly pepper with a little salt. It looks like the Age Fairy sprinkled magic silver dust all over the top of my head. And those of you in my age group know that gray hair is sometimes curly and coarse, which does not match well with the rest of my straight and silky locks - ha!

Looks like I'm just going to have to start buying the Clairol Nice and Easy in bulk from now on. For those of you wishing your hair would grow back in and are older like me - be careful what you wish for!!!

HEY!!! I'm a spring chicken and i'm 50!!!!!laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif I love my silver hairs and as my gracious mom would say "I worked hard for every one of them"rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif My hair started darn right falling out about at 3 months post op and haven't stopped yet. . . it's amazing i have any hair left. . .i could have probably made 3 wigs out of all the Hair loss. . . it's terrible, but other then having gotten VERY thin it's not that bad. . . i still have really long hair (refuse to cut it, then i really won't have any left) at least there are no bald spots. . . can't wait til it stops and maybe starts growing back, otherwise I will be a complete match with my husband!!!laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

My mother has the most gorgeous head of silver hair you've ever seen, so I knew my day was coming, I was just hoping to hold off for a few years more! I'm not ready to look like a senior yet, so I'm going to keep the hair color companies in business for as long as I can. I was talking to the pharmacist last week and said I'd had a hysterectomy at age 42 and that was a long time ago. She said "No way, I thought you were in your 30's" . I thanked her profusely and told her she already had my business so no need to go overboard! So as long as I can fake it, I'm gonna fake it - no full head of gray for me yet! But I know when I do get tired of the maintenance I will have lovely silver hair to look forward to.

My mother has the most gorgeous head of silver hair you've ever seen, so I knew my day was coming, I was just hoping to hold off for a few years more! I'm not ready to look like a senior yet, so I'm going to keep the hair color companies in business for as long as I can. I was talking to the pharmacist last week and said I'd had a hysterectomy at age 42 and that was a long time ago. She said "No way, I thought you were in your 30's" . I thanked her profusely and told her she already had my business so no need to go overboard! So as long as I can fake it, I'm gonna fake it - no full head of gray for me yet! But I know when I do get tired of the maintenance I will have lovely silver hair to look forward to.

:lol: :lol: :lol: that's a cute story! thanks for sharing!!

You know, I just started shedding this past week and thought, I bet the hair all comes back in gray. sigh. I am 46, so it wouldn't but out of the question, but still!!! I don't currently color my hair (have very few grays) and would like to keep the natural color for as long as possible -- whhaaaaa!! (and another sigh).

I don't mind what colour or type of hair I get as long as it comes back! I have very thin hair and it's falling out quite a bit, especially when I wash it, I am a slow loser so I guess it could've been worse! Great for those of you who are getting it back!