Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting to start my sleeve adventure

Hi!

Yesterday was scheduled for gastric by-pass but on Nov 18th I told my surgeon I would prefer the sleeve. After looking at my medical records, history, etc. she agreed - I am so glad to say. The only problem, the insurance did not, so I am waiting and HOPING some miracle will happen and an appeal that has been sent will be approved so I can have surgery before the end of the year. I have to dream big. LOL! My deductible was met this year in May with surprise emergency back surgery (that has been such a blessing in my life even though the surgery was quite major.

I have been married to my very supportive husband for 41 years. We have 2 "kids", 2 grandkids and 3 standard poodles. We have a business and we love to travel. I am enjoying walking since back surgery and walk 2+ miles in the mornings.I have multiple joint issues, minor sleep apnea, and my bmi when I first went to the dr. this summer was 40 but since then it has lowered to 37 range.

I am going to Dr. Blackstone in Scottsdale and my husband and I like her. She has a very thorough educational program with bi-monthly support group meetings.

Hope I am successful in posting this.

Mary

Hi, I just wanted to say hi from a fellow Arizonan! I hope your appeal is successful! I live in north Phoenix and I hope to have my VSG with Dr. Fang very soon. We are sending in my 6 month diet soon and I hope it pleases the insurance company. I've heard a lot of great things from Dr. Blackstone's patients. There is quite a large group of them on the obesity help arizona board.

Welcome and good luck with your appeal! : )

Hi Neighbor! ;-)

Thank you for your encouragement and I hope all goes well for you and you get your surgery with Dr. Fang.

Where is the obesity help arizona board?

Stay in touch and I can cheer you on!

Mary

Hi, I just wanted to say hi from a fellow Arizonan! I hope your appeal is successful! I live in north Phoenix and I hope to have my VSG with Dr. Fang very soon. We are sending in my 6 month diet soon and I hope it pleases the insurance company. I've heard a lot of great things from Dr. Blackstone's patients. There is quite a large group of them on the obesity help arizona board.

Finally found someone else that is seeing Dr. Blackstone. Did you have your sleeve? I am scheduled for March 8th and really would like to talk to someone that has had the surgery with her. She does things quite different than the surgeons of the people on this board. Hope you get this.

Hi!

Yesterday was scheduled for gastric by-pass but on Nov 18th I told my surgeon I would prefer the sleeve. After looking at my medical records, history, etc. she agreed - I am so glad to say. The only problem, the insurance did not, so I am waiting and HOPING some miracle will happen and an appeal that has been sent will be approved so I can have surgery before the end of the year. I have to dream big. LOL! My deductible was met this year in May with surprise emergency back surgery (that has been such a blessing in my life even though the surgery was quite major.

I have been married to my very supportive husband for 41 years. We have 2 "kids", 2 grandkids and 3 standard poodles. We have a business and we love to travel. I am enjoying walking since back surgery and walk 2+ miles in the mornings.I have multiple joint issues, minor sleep apnea, and my bmi when I first went to the dr. this summer was 40 but since then it has lowered to 37 range.

I am going to Dr. Blackstone in Scottsdale and my husband and I like her. She has a very thorough educational program with bi-monthly support group meetings.

Hope I am successful in posting this.

Mary

Best of Luck to you!!! Here in Australia we dont seem to have to go through all the dramas you guys do over there. as long as your in a health fund for a year with acceptable health cover you only pay the out of pocket, you guys seem to have to go on all sorts of things!!

Any way good luck with it all

From Australia

Holly