Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The good thing about being a slow loser

Love it (especially the hi-lited)!! These are the exact reason why I NEVER compare myself to anyone else. I know for a danged FACT that I will make goal - I don't need to feel like I'm in competition with anyone. I'm a winner in my world and nothing/nobody can take that away from me.

Welcome to the slow losers club. It's just nice to know that there are others out there that are like each other. It does make the ride a little bit more comfy!!

@coops, I'm glad you enjoyed your PB/toast. I've been loving PB lately - and even the chunky!! I have never in my entire life even thought about PB before. I do think they operate on the brain too with the sleeve...hee hee!!

Also, I did lose .2 Lbs over the weekend. It's my TOM too (well it's almost done now TG!!!) so for me I was absolutely just ecstatic!!! I shrilled and my hubby was happy for me too. My pants I'm wearing right now (16W BTW) are super baggy on me... LOL He said I should wear some sweats underneath to keep warm bc I'm constantly complaining how cold I am. Now who'd have ever thought I could fit sweats underneath a pair of 16's??? It's been a long time coming, that's all I know!!!

:) Oh, happy day.

Thanks Irene! I loved what you said and especially the underlined portion. WOO HOO!

And you gals are right about the healthy balanced eating, rather than saying all carbs are 100% bad for you. I've found myself sort of on that wagon, because I do know that I'm carb sensitive. But getting rid of the good carbs isn't the answer either. The good whole grains, and complex carbs (like veggies) are good for balance. All things in moderation.

Gotta ask... does anyone think that eating too little calories out impedes weight loss... I know this might sound a little silly, considering the point is to reduce intake!

Since the New Year and finishing the pouch test, my intake has really reduced, remember I am over 6mths out now, and I was wondering if I should add a snack... I eat three times a day as per post op instructions...

Any thoughts? x

How many calories aproximately are you eating coops?? Remeber all the starvation mode thing is true!

Hey... since Sat I 'think' ( I stopped tracking 'cos I was getting obssessed... not good for me) I am probably eating about 800 cals on average a day...

yesterday I had...

coffee with skim milk - splash of - and Protein powder x 3

tin of aspaaragus Soup

slice of bacon - large - tablespoon of baked Beans

pepperamani

I drink tea and coffee with a splash of milk during the day... and 3-4 larger glasses of water!

Today I had...

coffee with skim milk - splash of - and proten powder x 3

SLice of wholemeal toast with Peanut Butter

chicken, coleslaw and cucumber

fajitas minus the wrap ... chicken, peppers and onion

again, tea and coffee with skim milk, 3-4 glasses of Water

does that seem ok... too much too little... I am starting to get a little confused!

There is a part of me feels. that I should know this by now... but any advise would be great! x

hmmm, looks good, but maybe add a tiny bit more carbs in form of fruit or veg (an orange or a tomato//green beans/brocoli maybe a day) if you still aren't losing, might stir things up a bit, my humble opinion :P (I wish I could eat as little as you are)

I think it is very difficult to tell because depending on brand and preparation, what you list can be anywhere from 400 to 1000 or more calories.

Can you do the math from your labels? That should be the best way to tell

Hey... since Sat I 'think' ( I stopped tracking 'cos I was getting obssessed... not good for me) I am probably eating about 800 cals on average a day...

yesterday I had...

coffee with skim milk - splash of - and Protein powder x 3

tin of aspaaragus Soup

slice of bacon - large - tablespoon of baked Beans

pepperamani

I drink tea and coffee with a splash of milk during the day... and 3-4 larger glasses of water!

Today I had...

coffee with skim milk - splash of - and proten powder x 3

SLice of wholemeal toast with Peanut Butter

chicken, coleslaw and cucumber

fajitas minus the wrap ... chicken, peppers and onion

again, tea and coffee with skim milk, 3-4 glasses of Water

does that seem ok... too much too little... I am starting to get a little confused!

There is a part of me feels. that I should know this by now... but any advise would be great! x

Here's the only thing I think I've noticed... besides which I agree with Chilo - maybe mix in more fresh veggies. :)

3-4 Larger glasses of Water, what does that equal? Would that be about 10-12 oz? It sounds like you might need to add more fresh water to your intake. The teas, etc. add some caffeine (unless it's decaff) and may actually cause an effect of water retention.

Other than that, your daily intake did not sound bad, IMO.

Okay my fellow slow losers, another week and a another weak .2 lbs loss this week. I know I KNOW I need to remain positive, but I've been In the mid 230's for it feels like a month now. I need to truly figure out what I'm doing wrong because the reality is, I should be losing! I'm back to doing my workouts around 2 hours a day. All mixed up, but majority is heart healthy cardio with about 30 minutes of muscle toning in there daily.

I have decided to bite the bullet and sign back up with my Weight Watchers Online food tracking system. I need to know exactly what I'm doing, by how much I'm intaking. I did this on my own (personal logging) for a few days awhile back but it's not enough. I need to be accountable for everything. I didn't have this surgery to lose only 40 LBS!!! No way - no way!!! In the reality I should be losing more and more steadily.

Yes, it's true I'm just coming off my TOM and I could still be holding some fluids - and I've bumped up my fresh Water intake to nearly 100 oz a day. Wow!! That's a lot - but I think I need it, especially with my more rigorous workout schedule. That and logging in everything I put in my mouth (including my Vitamin supplements!!!) I'm sure I'll find the deadly culprit that is impeding my weight loss.

The first year is the BEST year for WLS to get the greatest results and I know this. I'm already nearly 4 months out, so I'm 1/3 of the way into my honeymoon period. Yes, I know I can still lose after one year, but it is absolutely true that the very first year is the most productive.

Here's something new about the Weight Watchers Online that I've noticed. They were more kind to lower sugar, lower fat and higher Fiber contents in their point system. However they have changed their formula to include bad carbs. THAT IS EXCELLENT!!! It's about time they did this to be honest - and I think I'm more inclined to be even more successful with it, simply because this is how my sleeve forces me to eat. I know I needed something more scientific than what I was doing which was just self monitoring. No longer, it's time to "GET REAL!!!"

So sorry for the long post, but I didn't know where else to put all this. I wanted all the fellow slow losers to hear this, because I believe you are the group to best understand my struggle right now.

Hugs to all!!! We will do this, and we will do this SOONER RATHER THAN LATER... B)

I have decided to bite the bullet and sign back up with my Weight Watchers Online food tracking system. I need to know exactly what I'm doing, by how much I'm intaking.

Don't you have to pay to use WW tracking system? What does it provide that the free ones don't? I use Daily Plate at Livestrong.com. It provides complete nutrition info and they have gazillions of name brand items and it makes it so easy to add what you've eaten. They also provide you your calorie guidelines based on what you input and you can log your exercise and it adjusts the calories based on your level of effort.

Just curious.

P.S. - I'm not tracking every day. I just do it when I think I'm having food issues. I was in a stall for about a month, but things seem to have started moving again.

Don't you have to pay to use WW tracking system? What does it provide that the free ones don't? I use Daily Plate at Livestrong.com. It provides complete nutrition info and they have gazillions of name brand items and it makes it so easy to add what you've eaten. They also provide you your calorie guidelines based on what you input and you can log your exercise and it adjusts the calories based on your level of effort.

Just curious.

P.S. - I'm not tracking every day. I just do it when I think I'm having food issues. I was in a stall for about a month, but things seem to have started moving again.

Yes, you do have to pay for the WW system. For me though, I find this food logging system works perfect for me.

I have tried the daily plate website but I found that there would be so many different choices for one thing so it made it difficult for me to really know if I was entering it correctly. I always felt like it wasn't as accurate as it could be.

WW, I add in what I get off the Nutrition Facts and can save it for future use and I can create meals that I eat a lot. I just find it much more user friendly and I don't mind paying for the service when I'm using it. I can always cancel and pick it back up when I need it and it will always save my personal information forever. Even all of my personally created meals and foods.

Also it tracks everything for me, weight, measurements, workouts - everything that should be tracked with a healthy lifestyle. I know most do, but I just prefer the way this one tracks personally.

They also pre-calculate some really good goals - like 5% loss, 10% - etc. So there's even more pats on the back for doing a good job.

Everyone has their own preference and over the years I've found this one works best for me.

:)

Livestrong/Daily Plate does not have an Android app.

I have been using DailyPlate since 3 years but just now jumped ship because they can't get their act together with the Android app. Not everyone has or wants an iPhone.

I also agree with LilMiss - there is so much bad info in the database that is simply incorrect, misspelled or tons of duplicates.

I am using myfitnesspal.com which also tracks food, exercise, Water, measurements - AND it allows you to said nutritional goals so you can set the percentage of Protein, fat and carbs you like, how much and how long you want to exercise per week etc.

Definitely a great free choice - IMHO much preferred to TDP which I had been using religiously for years. The only thing I am sad about is that I am losing my past data. I wish import it....

And LOL @ LilMiss - is your signature getting longer every day? It's now longer than the average post :P

And LOL @ LilMiss - is your signature getting longer every day? It's now longer than the average post :P

Haaa!!! :lol: I know... sorry!!! I like to keep track of all that stuff - when I do it, I do it big!! Just not my body anymore... ;)

:)Have you not tried myfatsecret.com? That works well fro me. I'm sure you'll start losing again, it just gets frustrating when you're workng hard and you don't see the scales move. I usually wegh 1 or twice a month.

Here's the only thing I think I've noticed... besides which I agree with Chilo - maybe mix in more fresh veggies. :)

3-4 Larger glasses of Water, what does that equal? Would that be about 10-12 oz? It sounds like you might need to add more fresh Water to your intake. The teas, etc. add some caffeine (unless it's decaff) and may actually cause an effect of water retention.

Other than that, your daily intake did not sound bad, IMO.

Hey Diva,

I am defo gonna get some more veggies in! The large glass of water holds just under a pint... I try to drink 4 cos that is virtually equal to the 64oz we are supposed to have. On the days I go to the gym, it is usually more. My tea is 'normal' but the coffee is decaf!

I really do understand why you are feeling frustrated... I feel that I am constantly in the same boat! A pound here and a pound there, nothing significant over the past several weeks... we just gotta stick together and ride the lows and highs out.

We are sooooooooo going to do this, and yes, I want to get rid of the majority of my weight within the first year, but hey, I've got over 100lb to loose.... so what if it takes me longer!!!!

Have you taken your own advice? Get the largest size trousers and tops out and try them on... the feel good factor will definately over shadow the slow weight loss... and remember 40olb in 4mths is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!

As the British say, 'chin up ole bean!' ..lol...

hugs Coops xx