Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are there any SIZE Goal sleevers out there?

@Daisy, hey girl - congrats on losing 4 Lbs!!! I'm very happy for you!! :) I hear you on the size and weight thing. To be honest a million lightyears ago when I was able to fit smaller normal clothes I weighed about 160-170. I thought I looked good - and even to this day when I look at those pictures I still think this is true. I may stick with the 154 though so that way if I do gain during the Holidays I won't get too fat for all my clothes. I really don't know though, because weight shifts, I'm older and sizes have changed over the years.

I'll just take it one day and one pound and one size at a time. Good thing? It's coming off!!!

@TexasT - I have seen those sizes at the larger size stores. I was a bit mystified by them. All I wanted to know was - what does 1 mean? What does 2 translate to? I mean no way I know that Size 2 at Lane Bryant is nowhere near Size 2 at any normal store. LOL :) I bought a size 3 by just picking it out figuring it might fit. I have no idea what size it really is - but I took them home and they fell off me. I guess I need to start trying clothes on or find a relevant size chart!!

I like your stance on feeling good and being healthy. That's what I'm talking about! What size I am (Size 4.6.8.10 etc.) or weight 150-160-170 etc... should it matter so much that I'm making myself stress so much? Or should I just lose weight - and when I think I'm done (regardless of size or weight) and simply go by how I feel and how healthy I am and then find that stopping point?

Because my ULTIMATE goal is just that - to feel good about my size and health - and with that, I'll feel good about my weight. ;)

I'm definitely size oriented. My brother pegged it right on the nose Christmas Eve.. he said "we come from big sturdy thick bovine genetics". My dad's dad was 6 ft 4 13EEE shoe when he passed at 70something years old. We're THICK people lol not necessarily all fat just.. thick and weight has never been much of an indicator for us. I'm the "runt of the family" at 5 ft 6 or 7. Anyhow... back in high school I remember being like... a 10/12 and looking pretty damn hot. A 10/12 is my goal but I wonder if I could make it down to an 8? I wonder if an 8 might be too small for me? I'm playing it by ear really and figuring anywhere between 8 - 12 (I'm using Gap's size chart) would be good for me. I'd also like to actually wear a bikini. :blink:

I'm definitely size oriented. My brother pegged it right on the nose Christmas Eve.. he said "we come from big sturdy thick bovine genetics". My dad's dad was 6 ft 4 13EEE shoe when he passed at 70something years old. We're THICK people lol not necessarily all fat just.. thick and weight has never been much of an indicator for us. I'm the "runt of the family" at 5 ft 6 or 7. Anyhow... back in high school I remember being like... a 10/12 and looking pretty damn hot. A 10/12 is my goal but I wonder if I could make it down to an 8? I wonder if an 8 might be too small for me? I'm playing it by ear really and figuring anywhere between 8 - 12 (I'm using Gap's size chart) would be good for me. I'd also like to actually wear a bikini. :blink:

I do feel where you're coming from! I've been all kinds of sizes but I really loved how I looked in a 10/12 as well. This was back in the late 80's and early 90's though, so I just imagined its probably an 8 today. I'm just going to keep losing and when I feel comfy I'm going to stop. I really don't care what the scale says. I'm not even hating how I look right now!! I do want to work it down more though... :) But to be honest I know I'm much closer than what my ultimate ticker goal says.

Are you sure we aren't related??? LOL

I do feel where you're coming from! I've been all kinds of sizes but I really loved how I looked in a 10/12 as well. This was back in the late 80's and early 90's though, so I just imagined its probably an 8 today. I'm just going to keep losing and when I feel comfy I'm going to stop. I really don't care what the scale says. I'm not even hating how I look right now!! I do want to work it down more though... :) But to be honest I know I'm much closer than what my ultimate ticker goal says.

Are you sure we aren't related??? LOL

LOL I remember freshman/sophomore year (92ish I guess? I graduated in 96) wearing a black body suit (they'd just come out) and these big ass levi's with my docs. Sure I'd have a flannel shirt but it's damn hot in Texas LOL I didn't wear that thing! It was around my waist. I looked HOT! LOL I had this long stretchy clingy knit dress from Express...scoop neck. I wore that with some MIA "combat boots". :blink:

LOL Who knows if we're related :P You look like a cousin of mine!

LOL Who knows if we're related :P You look like a cousin of mine!

LMAO!!! Are you serious? That is so funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi, I've been a member for a while but this is my first time posting. I was sleeved 2 weeks ago. I was just wondering if anyone knows how many pounds it takes to go down a size, or is this dependent on your height? I currently wear a size 18 and I am 5' 2" and my pants are getting loose, but I have not lost enough to be in a 16. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi, I've been a member for a while but this is my first time posting. I was sleeved 2 weeks ago. I was just wondering if anyone knows how many pounds it takes to go down a size, or is this dependent on your height? I currently wear a size 18 and I am 5' 2" and my pants are getting loose, but I have not lost enough to be in a 16. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Hi Kaycol, glad you posted! :)

For me, I've noticed that when I was much heavier, into the 24's and above - I would go up and down a size based on about 15-20 Lbs. Now in the smaller sizes I can go up and down based on 10-15 Lbs.

I am 5'6 and I do believe height can play a role into this. I hope someone more closely matching your height can chime in.

Hi Kaycol, glad you posted! :)

For me, I've noticed that when I was much heavier, into the 24's and above - I would go up and down a size based on about 15-20 Lbs. Now in the smaller sizes I can go up and down based on 10-15 Lbs.

I am 5'6 and I do believe height can play a role into this. I hope someone more closely matching your height can chime in.

Thank you! That helps a lot!

Woo hoo kids! Sleeved in a month and I'm soooo excited! This is gonna sound ridiculous, but I'm already looking forward to June, when we head to Chicago for the NKOTBSB show. I know I won't be into a 6-8 by then (I'm currently in a 22), but I'm hoping to be down to about a 14/16...that's 3/4 sizes in about 5 months...doable? I hope so! Anyways...I've had my eye on the cutest outfit that I want to buy for the trip! So, from the warped mind of Brandy, here are the clothes I want for my first goal (granted, they'll be in the upper sizes of what the store sells, but at this point, just fitting into the clothes from my favorite store sounds AWESOME!!):

http://evanity.com/category/fashion-outfits-for-women/outfit-1.do?nType=2

Soooo cute! Ahh to fit into regular sizes again! I'm tempted to buy the jeans in size 34 (vanity equivalent of a 17/18), but I'm hoping I have the discipline to be smaller than that by then (I typically go down a size for every 10-15 pounds...so by my count, that's about 45 pounds to fit into these pants!)

Woo hoo kids! Sleeved in a month and I'm soooo excited! This is gonna sound ridiculous, but I'm already looking forward to June, when we head to Chicago for the NKOTBSB show. I know I won't be into a 6-8 by then (I'm currently in a 22), but I'm hoping to be down to about a 14/16...that's 3/4 sizes in about 5 months...doable? I hope so! Anyways...I've had my eye on the cutest outfit that I want to buy for the trip! So, from the warped mind of Brandy, here are the clothes I want for my first goal (granted, they'll be in the upper sizes of what the store sells, but at this point, just fitting into the clothes from my favorite store sounds AWESOME!!):

http://evanity.com/c...it-1.do?nType=2

Soooo cute! Ahh to fit into regular sizes again! I'm tempted to buy the jeans in size 34 (vanity equivalent of a 17/18), but I'm hoping I have the discipline to be smaller than that by then (I typically go down a size for every 10-15 pounds...so by my count, that's about 45 pounds to fit into these pants!)

Hey Brandy that is VERY doable!!! I was barely sleeved four months ago and I'm down from 22/24, 2x to now a 14/16, L

Good luck!!

Well, I've made my size 8 goal! My waist is more like size 6, but I've got another 2-3 lbs I wanna lose off of my inner thighs/butt - it's between 6 and 8 now. So I guess my new goal is size 6? But man, am I tired of wasting $ on new clothes! I just started wearing these size 10 pants like 1.5 months ago and I can't even wear them with a belt anymore! I ordered a size 8 on Ebay, but by the time it gets here, I suspect I'll need a 6. I've literally been going shopping AT LEAST twice a month!

I'm so near to my size goal!! I can fit into my size 12 UK jeans but still tight around the waist. To ne honest the only reason I need to lose more to feel comfortable is because of my middle bit> I'm happy with my face, legs arms (boobs to small and tummy too big :huh: ) Even though now my size goal is a 10 UK and that's final!

Whoohooo BBJ and Chilo!!! OMG it is like a dream to me to even believe all this is possible. I just keep getting smaller and smaller, and even on the weeks where I don't lose or very little I can still feel it. I'd even say I feel like I shrink more on the weeks I don't lose. So, I think I'm coming more to terms on those weeks - and just take it!!!

Keep it up and BBJ you will be at goal in weeks!!! Chilo - you are doing so excellent, I'm happy for you!! You will be at goal in no time !! :)