Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thoughts Before Surgery

Okay, so surgery for me is on the 8th of December (Wednesday). I fly out Tuesday at 9:00pm and from there it is a 9 hour wait in a hotel room and then off to meet the surgeon who will then begin any final testing and then surgery. What were your thoughts right before surgery? What were some last minute preparations that you made prior to surgery? I'm starting to get so pumped and excited that i doubt I will sleep tonight nor tomorrow!

Okay, so surgery for me is on the 8th of December (Wednesday). I fly out Tuesday at 9:00pm and from there it is a 9 hour wait in a hotel room and then off to meet the surgeon who will then begin any final testing and then surgery. What were your thoughts right before surgery? What were some last minute preparations that you made prior to surgery? I'm starting to get so pumped and excited that i doubt I will sleep tonight nor tomorrow!

good luck Wednesday... Im scheduled for the 29th here in SC...

My thoughts before??? Well I was scheduled for 4 pm on the 23rd, then they called at 6pm on the 22nd and said to be there at 530 AM! I was like Cr@@! I had this whole list of things I was going to do around the house to keep me busy. I made lots of Jello before I went, and made sure I had Soups and oolong tea in the house.

I slept suprising well the night before, got up and showered and headed to the hosptial. I think I stayed fairly detached from feelings as I was like ok lets get this done! The the doctor was late so I sat in the pre op bed playing with my phone in between things they came to do to me,,, ( iv, bp, weight,anesthesiologist) Then the doc finally showed up and he said see yo in about 20 minutes, then the nurses came and put 3 drugs in my IV,, I never seen the doc again :) I vaguely remember him waking me up enough to tell me that the surgery went a perfect as it could and then the next thing I remember is waking up in my regular room.

I hope you are doing well!!! I am six months out...or I will be in just a couple of days. I hit goal a week before my five month surgiversary! Just prior to surgery I was excited and not really nervous. I couldn't imagine myself as thin. I never thought I'd be "thin", but people call me thin and even "skinny". It is hard for me to hear those words and think they apply to me. I am wearing a size eight, which is what MY goal was....I still take a pair of jeans out of the dryer and cannot believe they will fit me. I use to hate a pair of jeans right out of the dryer, but not now, I don't have to SQUEEZE into them. This surgery has been a life altering change for the better. I have never had one regret except that I hadn't heard of it and done it years ago! I wish this for you!!! Good luck!!