Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyway, to keep this post RELEVANT in this post-op section, I understand that the question lisabug might be asking was "Is it normal to feel the need to chew while in the early post-op liquid stages?"

Why yes, i do think it IS normal. Although i am only 6 days post-op, I can say that I have had to take minuscule bites of crumbled things (toast) just to get a 'chew' going. And i am craving gum like there is no tomorrow! aargh. Soon this will all be a distant memory..

Oh, and NO Girl Scout Cookies will enter this house. I just can't pass up the Thin Mints and watching the rest of the family eat them will drive me insane! boo!

Peatie and sleeveorbust- thank you. Who would of thought girl scout Cookies would be such a hot topic. I read almost every post on here and a ton of people post is pre and post op what is going on with them. This is suppose to be for support and also to be enjoyable. I stopped reading as much since all this happened. Then I decided not to let trans ruin this for me. I have seen a ton of post that don't apply to me and move on. We all do. I would never say that something was posted in the wrong spot or that their thoughts were invaluable.

Besides that I am doing well except for the set back with lifting my daughter too soon. I am off work longer now to let things heal again. My dr allowed me to move to mushies yesterday. I was able to chew. It's funny that my jaw actually hurt from chewing. I had gained a pound on full liquids. I lost 2 lbs yesterday on mushies so I am happy. My dr said that he thinks I am going to need higher calories to lose. I also need carbs along with Protein. It's all about finding what works for you.

Good luck peatie on making through liquids. Chew on ice, it helps. Full liquids weren't that great for me. Everything was bland. Mushies are great and I'm not hungry at all now. Its worth it though.

I am new to this forum. Just joined last week. I am going to have to agree with the naysayers on this one. This was not the proper place to post this thread and here is why.

I am 8 days out. I have had a horrible morning (my own fault). The last thing I want to see if a post about Girl Scout Cookkies when they are even on sale until Jan. I am really struggling just to make it hour by hour and day by day on my 2 wks of Clear Liquids. I already cheated because of the 'who has cheated' thread. I don't think I would have cheated had I not read that thread and all those posts. But ultimately, it was my lack of will power.

So to see a thread titled....'the dreaded email' on the Post Op Q&A....it made me read it immediately to see if something was wrong and I could possibly help in some way. Then to read about Girl Scout Cookies that are over a month away, I was a little taken aback and felt misled by the title.

Just another point of view from a newbie who is just trying to get through the day.

Drysdale, that is exactly what I was trying to say, but obviously did not do it in a very tactful way. I just am asking that everybody have some consideration of what you are posting and WHERE you are posting it. The threads are for community use and, although they are informative, they are not for SOLE use and you should think about what you are posting and how it may affect others. There is another thread called:

powder Room - Ladies Gone Wild

This is the place for ladies to discuss everything from complications, concerns, and any other off-topic subjects

This is where that post would have fit perfectly.

Regardless, we are beating a dead horse. I don't want any ill-will w/ Lisabug, it's senseless. I do not have any ill-will for her, I just come here for help and hopefully to help others. Let's keep this board just that, a place to help and be helped, but let's also remember we need to post our topics in the appropriate place so that we can do just that. Maybe we do need a moderator??

OMG, I think I've posted twice on this board and might have posted both times in the "inappropriate" spot, am I gonna get in trouble?!? Lol, just trying to lighten the mood.

OMG, I think I've posted twice on this board and might have posted both times in the "inappropriate" spot, am I gonna get in trouble?!? Lol, just trying to lighten the mood.

Apparently only from me! LOL Keep the mood light for sure! I never intended for it to blow up as it did. :blink: