Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly Sleeved and have questions

Hello everyone! I was sleeved on November 29, 2010, and came home from the hospital 3 days after. I was doing great in the hospital but when I got home and had to take pain meds crushed with Water things did not go so well. I struggled with swallowing them and was in tons of pain. The biggest relief I have found is the Heating Pad!! Love it!! My biggest problem of all is being mentally hungry. Oh my do I ever miss food. I am a week out and already anxious to at least just have eggs. I have a feeling that I dont really know what it is, so if anyone can help me out with it it would be great! I often get like a hunger pain in my stomach with some growling, but its not really hunger if that makes sense. It comes almost evey hour and its not really a pain. Its alot like rumbling. its really weird. Is this normal? Anyone else out there had surgery this past week? Just wondering how everyone is doing? So far this first week I have lost 12lbs. Crazy!

The mental aspect of surgery really weighs on us. It's tough to stick to the prescribed post-op diet but it's there for safety not some horrible torture device. I was able to have Jello so that helps some, and once I got to full liquids things really settled down for me mentally. On the stomach growling and rumbling, are you taking an acid reducer like Prilosec or Nexium? If not, you might want to talk to your surgeon about it. What you are describing is exactly what I experienced and once I went on Prilosec, it resolved completely. If you need pain meds, see if they can get you a liquid version. Many of the pain relievers come in liquid form, and are much easier to tolerate.

Keep sipping, walking and resting as needed ! ! !

Once I hit creamed Soups I felt so much better, I think it was the all the cold drinks and Jello that drove me nuts post op. The warm broth was nice but the creamed soups felt SOOO much more 'normal". Follow your eating plan though for safety reasons plus you will lose some serious weight those first couple weeks.

I was sleeved Dec 1. I got out Friday from the hospital. They gave me liquid pain meds. I have not taken any today. I usually take it at night so I can sleep easier. Are you able to shower? The warm Water does wonders. My stomach is rumbling too. My surgeon told me to take chewable pepcid twice a day. I can't wait until I can switch to prilosec. I feel hunger today even after I have my Protein shake. I know it is not real hunger, but it is driving me crazy. I can't wait till next week to have cream Soups and applesauce. I can also have yoplait whips on full liquids. I know all of this is higher on carbs, but a couple of bites will be nice.

I have been thinking about meatballs since I read Tiffykins 18 month post. I also want chili. I font know if anything really helps with the thoughts until we can start eating. At least the thought of greasy food is not appealing. I can't wait until Wednesday do I can have creamed soup!!

Hello everyone! I was sleeved on November 29, 2010, and came home from the hospital 3 days after. I was doing great in the hospital but when I got home and had to take pain meds crushed with Water things did not go so well. I struggled with swallowing them and was in tons of pain. The biggest relief I have found is the Heating Pad!! Love it!! My biggest problem of all is being mentally hungry. Oh my do I ever miss food. I am a week out and already anxious to at least just have eggs. I have a feeling that I dont really know what it is, so if anyone can help me out with it it would be great! I often get like a hunger pain in my stomach with some growling, but its not really hunger if that makes sense. It comes almost evey hour and its not really a pain. Its alot like rumbling. its really weird. Is this normal? Anyone else out there had surgery this past week? Just wondering how everyone is doing? So far this first week I have lost 12lbs. Crazy!

Hi,

I would love the meatballs information!!! I was sleeved Nov 23rd almost 2 weeks, and I get

weard noises in my tummy as well, im not hungry though. Now I will get like a burning in 1 spot when I move a certain way, I hope this is normal????

Good Luck

Lisa

Where is the burning? I have the worst pain at the top of my left ribs today. I am not sure what I did but it hurts!! The pain almost goes away when I lay down and tonight I took some pain meds just to take the edge off. I am hoping I just pulled a muscle or something that isn't a leak!

I was sleeved October 28, 2010 and the first week I was going crazy thinking about food. It will get better as you are able to start eating again. I felt like I was going crazy! I had to stop watching TV because food was everywhere. I wanted to eat things I normally wouldn't have even considered. By week 3 you will be in a much different place!

I had the noises in my stomach a lot at first. I am in my 5th week and I don't hear them anymore.