Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP Financing Suggestions/I'm about to give up

I am having trouble with financing. My insurance will not cover it. Does any one no of finance companies who will work with you. I have no one to co-sign and my credit score is not great. It's around 610 which is pretty low. I need help guys any suggestions. Has anyone gone to the wish center? I think they do their own financing.

I was going to suggest Capitol One also. My daughter got her lapband surgery with Capitol one.

I was in the same boat, couldn't get a loan even from Capital One, I had a stack of rejections that would gag a horse. I paid that agency advertised on tv $99 to give me some lenders to apply with, I did and one of the lenders did come thru. That was a well spent $99. The lender was in Terrell Texas, American General Finance Company.

1. Call 1-877-lap-band. The agent may be able to assist you with finding financing.

2. Research ways to raise your FICO score, then reapply for financing at a later date (3 to 6 months). A good start might be the Suze Orman website: www.suzeorman.com. Also, here's an additional link to the FAQs on FICO: https://www.myfico.com/Suze/CreditKit/Faq.aspx#8

3. If you have a 401k, you might be able to use a portion of it to pay for your band. Check out this thread discussion on using the 401K option: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=17754&highlight=401k

I am looking into the Bajanor Obesity Center in TJ Mexico they offer help with the financing. They require $4000.00 down and your payments are $466.00 a month for 6 months. They do an automatic draft from your checking account. I have read alot about that clinic and all of it has been great.

Thanks for the info! I have not heard of this doctor. Please keep in touch with me and let me know how things turn out for you.My name is Joy

I applied with CapOne; however, they only finance Dr.'s that have a US medical license...just something to be aware of..they don't tell you that when you apply with them, only when you've chosen your MX doctor do they tell you that they won't finance for outside the US.

As an alternative, I went through SurgeryLoans (surgeryloans.com) and there's another called medicredit.com.

Good luck!

I chose Dr. Aceves in Mexicali because he had a similar plan as Bajanor. He operates at a hospital and offers "in house" financing through docpay. $5000 at time of surgery and 12 months to pay the remaining amount.

I have been very happy with my results and it has been worth every penny.

I borrowed from my 401 K and had mine done with Ariel Ortiz (obesitycontrolcenter.com) and his staff in Tijuana. My payback is $85 every 2 weeks for 5 years. I better be wayyyy skinny before this loan gets paid off.

Be sure to post after you get more info, as we will want to hear how things went.

Kay