Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a date!

I went for my visit with the surgeon today. I'm doing well, and she was able to give me a date. July 24. I have my psych eval this Friday, and then need to get a couple other things in order, but I"m scheduled.

I do have a question... if anyone can help me out here. The dr. said I would be out of work approx. 1 week for my desk job.

I'm also a massage therapist, trying to begin my business, and the dr. said I would have to be out for about a month with that. My question is, (and yes, I'll have to ask her again when I'm closer to surgery) is I don't think massage exerts any more energy than a moderate work out. I twist and bend a bit, but nothing extereme. How long after surgery were you able to resume any physical activity?

Thanks,

Congrats robinem!!! :grouphug: I am 3 weeks out of surgery and went back to a part time receptionest job after 2 days. I wouldn't have wanted to go back to anything more than that. I am a teachers assistant for 5th and 6 grades and was glad I didn't have to go back to that for a while. I'm working summer school this week and have felt fine but I tried to throw a basketball a few times and it pulled at my incisions and made me sore. I would think that massaging someone would add some pressure to your stomach. Since most Dr. don't want you to eat solid food for a few weeks so not to disturb the band, I would think that exercise , or massage would be the same thing. :confused: My Dr. never gave me any time constraints on exercise tho. except 10 days before I could go in Water, like swimming or bathing. I guess you could try it out on a friend if you feel like you are ready for it and then maybe call the Dr. and re-talk it over. Hope that helps some. I'm sure you will hear from others with advise. Good luck!

Carol

Congrats, another July Bandster. I'm Sherri, I'm getting banded July 10, in Monterrey Mexico. I don't now yet but I would say listen to your doctor. You don't wont to twist real fast and tear a stitch and your port move or something.

Just mho though.

Good luck and will be thinking of you.

Sherri

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches