Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone suffer from palpitations?

Hi sleevers, I have a great concern I hope someone can give me some enlightment. I have been suffering from heart palpitations for about six years. My cardialogist has cleared me to have surgery by telling me I have benning pvc's and the surgeon said he will not give me a work up only a chest xray. I am worried that I will have a heart attack durring surgery or something will go wrong. Has any one been diagnosed with this and was cleared for surgery anyways? Thanks alot in advance.:(

I had heart palpitations too. My surgeon ordered a stress test. This included a walk on the treadmill while hooked up to a machine (ECG?) and an ultrasound of my heart before and after. I never saw the actual cardiologist, just the technicians, but I was cleared for surgery, and did not have any complications. Good Luck!

I had heart palpitations too. My surgeon ordered a stress test. This included a walk on the treadmill while hooked up to a machine (ECG?) and an ultrasound of my heart before and after. I never saw the actual cardiologist, just the technicians, but I was cleared for surgery, and did not have any complications. Good Luck!

Thank you for replying Eureka-C, I am so glad your surgery went well, it looks like you're doing great with your weight loss. I am going to ask my surgeon to order me a stress test too just to make sure. I realy want this surgery and am very hopefull that everything will go good. I will just trust in the Lord and let him take my hand through this. Because I have learned by experience that through him everything is possible:)

I have atrial fibrillation, and had to get a letter of approval from my cardiologist, and a stress test to just make sure everything else is ok. My cardiologist said that the surgery should improve the quality of my life. It won't get rid of my atrial fibrillation, but will improve my chances of not developing other heart problems. I still will need to take my meds, but might even be able to reduce them.

I have atrial fibrillation, and had to get a letter of approval from my cardiologist, and a stress test to just make sure everything else is ok. My cardiologist said that the surgery should improve the quality of my life. It won't get rid of my atrial fibrillation, but will improve my chances of not developing other heart problems. I still will need to take my meds, but might even be able to reduce them.

I have had PAC's for about 13 years, but no other problems. 5 years ago I had a Thallium stress test and passed with flying colors. Early in the morning (5AM) on my second day post-op I went into Atrial Fib. I was supposed to go home that day, AND it was my 51st birthday. Instead, I went to ICU for about 12 hours until the meds converted my rhythm back to normal sinus. I spent that night in IMCU and was discharged in the morning of day 3.

With no history of arrythmias, my cardiologist thinks it was due to the surgery, anesthesia, or general stress on my body.

I stayed on Rythmol for a month and am now only taking one med for blood pressure, although my cardiologist prescribed that. Were it not for the Atrial Fib, I would be off everything.

If the hospital and surgeons you are using are thorough, I wouldn't worry. I was wired to an EKG transmitter and monitored continuously. I had just come back from a walk around the floor when they came in to verify my A Fib.

I went into Atrial Fib. I was supposed to go home that day, AND it was my 51st birthday. Instead, I went to ICU for about 12 hours until the meds converted my rhythm back to normal sinus. I spent that night in IMCU and was discharged in the morning of day 3.

With no history of arrythmias, my cardiologist thinks it was due to the surgery, anesthesia, or general stress on my body.

I really hope I don't go into Atrial Fib... but I will be in good hands... I will be in the same hospital I was in when I went into AFib earlier this year for the first and only time.(so far) Each day in the hospital costs me $500... the surgery puts me in for one day... hopefully thats all Ill need! Damn AFib! I am taking beta blockers to keep my heartbeat slow.

So you are fine now?

I really hope I don't go into Atrial Fib... but I will be in good hands... I will be in the same hospital I was in when I went into AFib earlier this year for the first and only time.(so far) Each day in the hospital costs me $500... the surgery puts me in for one day... hopefully thats all Ill need! Damn AFib! I am taking beta blockers to keep my heartbeat slow.

So you are fine now?

Yes. It was really a non-event. I was discharged Friday Oct 29 and was going stir crazy by Wednesday, so I went back to work for a few hours a day just to get out of the house.

My entire experience has been 100% wonderful. I have had no further AFib, needed no pain meds when I came home, and have had no nausea of any kind.

My only frustration is this plateau I've been on for the last 3 weeks. I started swimming laps again last week to try and jump start my metabolism but it is what it is and I know I'll start losing again soon.